What would be my next step?

  • Patricia Ehret
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6 4:45 PM
      Hi One and All,

      I was sent this message in response to my inquiry of where to get a certified official copy of my grandfather's baptismal/birth record and great grandfather's marriage record and was told to contact ocu-nacinaves@... and received this message but don't know where to go from here.  Where and what is the register they're talking about?  The wedding and baptismal both took place in Puste-Cemerne but I was told to contact the above address??

      Thanks for your help.

      Parichat

      Dobrý deň.

      Obec Nacina Ves vedie matriky iba od roku 1950.
      Mihaly Kis, narodený 6.11.1908 v Lesnom – jeho rodný list sa nachádza v obci Trhovište okres Michalovce.
      Sobášny list sa nachádza na matrike podľa toho kde bol sobáš.

      S pozdravom

      Anna Dubíková
      matrikárka

      Good day.

      Village Nacina Ves leads registers only since 1950.
      Mihaly Kis, born on 06.11.1908 in the Leszna, Hungary - his birth certificate is located in the village Trhovište District of Michigan.
      Marriage certificate is on the Register according to where the wedding.

      Yours

      Anna Dubíková
      matrikářka

    • Patricia Ehret

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6 9:01 PM
          >My suggestion is to use a Slovak based genealogist. I used Vladimir
          >Bohinc email konekta@...

          I received many birth certificates and some marriage ones as well and
          was extremely happy with results.

          Regards
          Nick
        • Elaine Powell
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 7 6:34 PM
            When I visited eastern Slovakia a year or so ago, I used Michal Razus, and he was excellent! He took me to every town/village/church my family was associated with, and also recommended an affordable and delightful pensione. We met with possible relatives, and he led me through the process for getting official documents relating to my grandfather. Turns out he was actually 2years older than the Ellis Island ship records showed! His contact info is:

            michal.razus@...

            Good luck,

            Elaine P

            On Mar 6, 2013, at 11:01 PM, Nick <nickh@...> wrote:

            > >My suggestion is to use a Slovak based genealogist. I used Vladimir
            > >Bohinc email konekta@...
            >
            > I received many birth certificates and some marriage ones as well and
            > was extremely happy with results.
            >
            > Regards
            > Nick

          • Patricia Ehret
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 20 11:38 AM
              Thanks for the suggestion.  I've just found out that the churches' records were sent to the state
              archives during the communist era so am figuring out how to get official records.  Can you
              tell me whether it's possible to get official or certified copies of the records?  And, does
              Vladimir correspond in English?

              Thanks,

              Patricia

              ________________________________
              >My suggestion is to use a Slovak based genealogist. I used Vladimir
              >Bohinc email konekta@...

              I received many birth certificates and some marriage ones as well and
              was extremely happy with results.

              Regards
              Nick

            • Julie Michutka
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 20 3:55 PM
                Vladimir's English is very good. Several of us on the list have used his services and been very happy with the results (myself included).

                ~ Julie Michutka
                jmm@...

                On Mar 20, 2013, at 2:38 PM, Patricia Ehret wrote:

                > Thanks for the suggestion. I've just found out that the churches' records were sent to the state
                > archives during the communist era so am figuring out how to get official records. Can you
                > tell me whether it's possible to get official or certified copies of the records? And, does
                > Vladimir correspond in English?
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Patricia

              • Nick
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 20 6:24 PM
                  Yes, Vladimir, does correspond in English, he
                  lived and worked in the U.S. for a time.