Re: Village?

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2013
      Enjoy the trip. I am up to seven visits as a direct result of the hobby and they want me to come again, perhaps later this year.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, ROBERT LISTON <bojomo@...> wrote:

      > I am must apologize to those of you who tried to help me find the village
      > Stutnick. My friend gave me the village name but after checking with her brother
      > she came back with Rochovce. I don't see any resemblance to the names but I will
      > go with the brother and try to get more information from him.
      >
      > I did find two possibilities, Rochovce in eastern Slovakia and Kohovce in
      > south-west Slovakia. As the second is closer to Piestany, I will start there.
      > Thank you all for your help this time and all the times in the past. I started
      > my genealogical search knowing nothing and in the fall we will be going to
      > Slovakia to visit a cousin I found in Senica. I also put together a book with
      > the help of Ancestry of my grandfather's life and am now working on a book of
      >  my grandmother's life. Not to bad in the last seven years.
      >
      > Thanks Again,
      > Joanne Liston

    • Patrick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2013
        Have you tried Stitnik, Spis? It is in southeast Slovakia, a very small village. If you can't find it, I can mail you some photocopies of it from my mapbooks. My Hrusovsky family came from there and some still live there. Patricia Drenten