Re: [S-R] Re: Csutek, Cutek, Shutek, Shudic

  • hmsbob
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 28, 2013
      St. Clair is not in the Pittsburg Diocese. Belive it is in the Allentown
      Diocese.

      In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:26:14 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      hogelj@... writes:

      Were they Roman Catholic?
      If so, and they were married in the U.S. and lived in St. Clair, Pa., then
      there is a good possibility that you may be able to obtain marriage
      information (not a marriage certificate, but a transcription of what is recorded
      in the sacramental records) from the Diocese of Pittsburgh Archives Center.
      Below is a link to their web page regarding requesting a search for
      genealogy relevant records:
      _http://diopitt.org/office-archives-and-record-center/information-genealogis
      ts_
      (http://diopitt.org/office-archives-and-record-center/information-genealogists)
      Though not Joseph's marriage, this may be of interest to you:
      Marriage of Anna Warshowa & John Kurtz found on FamilySearch under
      Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885-1950.

      --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)

      (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) , "t.salony" wrote:

      > > Deborah,
      > > [ pssst....what was your grandfather's given name? lol ]

      > > Does this mean you found his arrival manifest? >
      > > Is "1982" a typo = should have been 1882", OR a transposition =
      > should have been "1892"?
      > >
      > > *** Are you familiar with St. Clair, Pa as destination for any of the
      > family? For example:
      > > CZUTIK, Jakob, 18 y.o., leaving his grandmother, Anna Czutik, in
      > Klubin, arriving Apr.18, 1911 to stepfather, Josef ?Harsava? in St.
      > Clair, Pa
      > am so glad that was caught!!! And yes, after ten years of searching,
      > I did find the manifest and it was the same one you mentioned. I have
      > found the Birth/ Baptismal records for him, Jacobus Csutek, and his
      > mother, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
      > When Anna came to America, she shortly married Joseph Warsava and lived
      > in St Clair, PA. I cannot find the marriage certificate anywhere, and I
      > finally found their census in St Clair in 1900 and 1910 ( the 1900's
      > census, the name was pretty illegible, but everthing else fit) They had
      > a large family there. The name Warsava was changed several times.
      > Warshour Varshour, Warshaeva, Warshous, were altenate spellings on the
      > names of their children's marriage liscensces. I have not yet found all
      > of these children. And I have found no records for Annie. the present
      > families have no photos of her<<<<
      >

      > _http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftif\
      _ (http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=/cgi-bin/tif) >
      2gif.exe%3FT%3D\\\\192.168.100.11\\images\\T715-1662\\T715-16620941.TIF%\

      (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) , "Deborah" dljillustrations@
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks to everybody for all their help with materials to help me
      > find
      > > > some of my Grandfathers family. The name was mangled on the
      > documents
      > > > but I finally found him after years of hitting my head on a brick
      > wall.
      > > > They came from Klubina, Trencin district, and the original spelling
      > was
      > > > Csutek. they were a VERY large family there so I have a lot of
      > putting
      > > > together to do.
      > > > My grandfathers mother was Anna Csutek he was born out of wedlock
      > in
      > > > 1982 and for an unknown reason as of yet, she left him shortly
      > after in
      > > > his grandparents care While she went to America. I cannot find her
      > > > manifest yet. His grandparents were Georgeus Csutek and Anna
      > Kaluszny.
      > > > He didn't come to America until he was 19. He never talked about
      > the
      > > > old country, so I am just now finding much of this out.
      > > > It seems there are still a lot of Csutek's in Stara Bystrica nearby.
      > If
      > > > there is anybody who can tell me more about Trencin county, Klubina,
      > > > Stara Bystrica or the name Csutek (and variations) or Kaluszny (
      > > > Kausney, Kaluzney, etc) I would be SO grateful.
      > > > I think I am finally getting the hang of genealogy, And it just
      > makes
      > > > me want to learn more.
      > > > Thank you SO much!
      > > > Deborah

    • martha.andras
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 28, 2013
        Hi Judy,

        St. Clair is in Schuylkill County, PA. You can access county records by going to www.co.schuylkill.pa.us/info then on the right of the page, click on Marriage Docket Information. You will be able to type in the names of the bride and groom. If a record exists, it will show up. The you can call the courthouse and request a copy. I found my great-grandparents marriage record this way. Cost is very reasonable.

        I did try to type in several of the spellings you suggested and didn't find anything. However, this is a good source of information to have and perhaps you can try other spelling variations and find what you are looking for.

        Good luck!

        Martha

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Judy" <hogelj@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > spelling to Chiko. They lived in the Belmont county/Pease county area
        > > of Ohio. After living shortly in St Clair, Jacob, my grandfather moved
        > > to this area living by his cousin Paul, his Uncle John and his Uncle
        > > Steve in Lansing/Bridgeport Ohio. Later John and Steve would change
        > > thier name to Shudic, While my grandfather spelled it Shutek. We do not
        > > know what happened to his Uncle Andreas, or Josephus, or his Aunt
        > > Appolonia. We know that Catherina and Steve came together to St Clair
        > > and their contacts were the Warsawa's, but although Steve moved to Ohio,
        > > We do not know what happened to Catherina after she came here. I did not
        > > think anybody would have been interested in these facts but if these
        > > help with finding more about him, I am glad to share!
        > > Thank you SO much on your help, it is much appreciated!!!<<<<

      • Deborah
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2013
          Wow! "t.salony" that was exactly him to the correct birth date in the Slovak Baptism records! I am SO grateful for your help. That is incredible. He was a locksmith? hmmmm. I wonder how that fit in with his younger brothers being laborers. And to know that he was here in 1890 1893 fits in because that was when Anna came over (appr 1893) She more than likely came with Joseph as her contact. And his younger brother Steven most likely would be his contact when he came a second time.Very interesting. It says he was married, but now I have no idea who his wife and children were were or whether they lived in the States or Klubina. next mystery for me to solve. :)

          Deborah