Re: [S-R] Janos Sugar

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 28, 2013
      Bob,
      The names Kuzuchov has been known by through out its history.
      1077 Kožuchov TV/KI zemplín.
      1773 Kazsu, Kozukow, 1786 Kaza, Kahn [!], 1808 Kazsu, Kožukow, Kožuchow, 1863–1902 Kazsu, 1907–1913 Kazsó, 1920– Kožuchov

      Here is a link that will tell you about Kozuchov - http://www.cisarik.com/0_Kozuchov_Trebisov_KI_Zemplen_Zemplin.html
      I have been very near Kozuchov. My cousin was the head priest at the Catholic cathedral in Trebisov, which is 4 miles away. I visited him there three times.
      The surname Sugar is no longer listed there.

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 28, 2013

        The surname SUGAR is Jewish.  Hope that helps.

        Caye

        I have located the baptismal cert for my wifes g'father but cannot read slovak so the column headings and the info in the columns are not readable to me.I found it on the LDS search site. his name is Janos Sugar born in Slovakia nov 27 1875 baptised dec 1, 1875. His mother is Maria, but there is no father listed. Can anyone help with the translations of the columns and there data? I have downloaded a copy of the cert that I can send if needed.

        Bob

      • Carl
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 28, 2013
          Caye,
          The baptism record for Janos Sugar was from a Greek Catholic Church.
          CK

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:

          > The surname SUGAR is Jewish.  Hope that helps.
          >

          > Caye

        • Robert Vonberge
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 28, 2013
            I want to thank all of you for the quick response on my post about Janos
            Sugar. carl has translated the file and has given me a film number to
            follow up on. this has been a great find for my wifes family , I now need
            to get the film and do some digging. I am amazed at all tha info the LDS
            has and will now spend time learning the proceedures ry in Germany

          • Caye Caswick
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 1, 2013

              Great, glad you found it.

              --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick wrote:

              > The surname SUGAR is Jewish.  Hope that helps.
              >

              > Caye

            • Nat T
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 7, 2013
                I was doing a search on the LDS on my family (Terek) and I noticed that the Terek's had married into the Sugar family and vice versa at several times. This was found in the Pcolina and Snina records from the Greek Catholic Church.

                Natasha

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick wrote:

                > The surname SUGAR is Jewish.  Hope that helps.
                >

                > Caye

              • patskanovo
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
                  Natasha,