Re: [S-R] Village ?

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013

      How about STEBNIK, near Bardejov?

      From: Zuzana Peer <zuzana177@...>
      To: "SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com" <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:32 AM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Village ?

      Here is the list of Slovak villages in Slovak and Hungarian language.
      The first village is Abelova (LU=Lucenec district) - Ábelfalva (Nógrád). It may help.

      http://www.geni.sk/nazvy-obci-slovensky-a-madarsky/

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013
        Dear Joanne:

        If you can provide any additional background information as to where and
        how you learned about "STUTNICK" and PIESTANY, I think that it may be helpful
        in the search to locate it.

        Otherwise, you may find yourself on the proverbial "wild goose chase"
        looking at villages with similar names. I have been there before myself in my
        own research, and I found that the additional information helped me to
        corroborate the evidence and locate the correct village (in my case, the village
        where my paternal grandmother was born), which was in an area different
        than what I had originally assumed. I hope that this helps a little.

        Best regards,

        David