Re: [S-R] Re: Village ?

  • William
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013
      On 2/27/2013 2:59 PM, t.salony wrote:

      > Joanne,
      >
      > And I could mention a "Studenec" near "Postona", which sound vaguely
      > similar...but they're in Slovenia.
      >
      > Just maybe, if you share with us where the "...Stutnick, or something
      > that sounds like that, near Piestany.." can be found(especially if
      > online), we might be able to help better.
      >
      > TOM
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>, "bojomo42" wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone know of a village called Stutnick, or something that
      > sounds like that, near Piestany in western Slovakia.
      > > Thank You,
      > > Joanne Liston

      There is a "Studenec" near Valaska Bela. There is also a "Studene" near
      Bratislava.

      Bill Brna

    • davidsadventure4
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013
        Dear Carl:

        I initially thought the same thing - that it might be Stitnik. It is
        always good to see your posts, especially when Gemer is mentioned.

        Best regards,

        David

        In a message dated 2/27/2013 2:52:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        carl.kotlarchik@... writes:

        Although Stitnik sounds like a possible match, it is not in western
        Slovakia. So it doesn't seem to fit. Too bad, because it is one of my ancestral
        towns.
        CK
        --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)
        , helene cincebeaux wrote:

        > Stitnik comes to mind - near Roznava in old Gemer County. I have 3
        listings in Slovak Pride of families from there

        (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) " _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) >

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013

          How about STEBNIK, near Bardejov?

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013
            Dear Joanne:

            If you can provide any additional background information as to where and
            how you learned about "STUTNICK" and PIESTANY, I think that it may be helpful
            in the search to locate it.

            Otherwise, you may find yourself on the proverbial "wild goose chase"
            looking at villages with similar names. I have been there before myself in my
            own research, and I found that the additional information helped me to
            corroborate the evidence and locate the correct village (in my case, the village
            where my paternal grandmother was born), which was in an area different
            than what I had originally assumed. I hope that this helps a little.

            Best regards,

            David