Re: Village ?

  • t.salony
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013
      Joanne,

      And I could mention a "Studenec" near "Postona", which sound vaguely similar...but they're in Slovenia.

      Just maybe, if you share with us where the "...Stutnick, or something that sounds like that, near Piestany.." can be found(especially if online), we might be able to help better.

      TOM

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "bojomo42" <bojomo@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know of a village called Stutnick, or something that sounds like that, near Piestany in western Slovakia.
      > Thank You,
      > Joanne Liston

    • William
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013
        On 2/27/2013 2:59 PM, t.salony wrote:

        > Joanne,
        >
        > And I could mention a "Studenec" near "Postona", which sound vaguely
        > similar...but they're in Slovenia.
        >
        > Just maybe, if you share with us where the "...Stutnick, or something
        > that sounds like that, near Piestany.." can be found(especially if
        > online), we might be able to help better.
        >
        > TOM
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>, "bojomo42" wrote:
        > >
        > > Does anyone know of a village called Stutnick, or something that
        > sounds like that, near Piestany in western Slovakia.
        > > Thank You,
        > > Joanne Liston

        There is a "Studenec" near Valaska Bela. There is also a "Studene" near
        Bratislava.

        Bill Brna

      • davidsadventure4
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013
          Dear Carl:

          I initially thought the same thing - that it might be Stitnik. It is
          always good to see your posts, especially when Gemer is mentioned.

          Best regards,

          David

          In a message dated 2/27/2013 2:52:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          carl.kotlarchik@... writes:

          Although Stitnik sounds like a possible match, it is not in western
          Slovakia. So it doesn't seem to fit. Too bad, because it is one of my ancestral
          towns.
          CK
          --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)
          , helene cincebeaux wrote:

          > Stitnik comes to mind - near Roznava in old Gemer County. I have 3
          listings in Slovak Pride of families from there

          (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) " _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) >

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013

            How about STEBNIK, near Bardejov?

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 27, 2013
              Dear Joanne:

              If you can provide any additional background information as to where and
              how you learned about "STUTNICK" and PIESTANY, I think that it may be helpful
              in the search to locate it.

              Otherwise, you may find yourself on the proverbial "wild goose chase"
              looking at villages with similar names. I have been there before myself in my
              own research, and I found that the additional information helped me to
              corroborate the evidence and locate the correct village (in my case, the village
              where my paternal grandmother was born), which was in an area different
              than what I had originally assumed. I hope that this helps a little.

              Best regards,

              David