[S-R] Re: MRAFFKO Ellenbogen Latin detail 1775 Bratislava

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 26, 2013
      Peter,
      Ellenbogen is already 'germanicized'. Berger and bogen are two quite different German words.

      Curt B.

      > I have a suspicion that it was Germanicized to Ellenberger.
      > Peter M.
      >
      > On 27 February 2013 06:05, CurtB <curt67boc@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Ron,
      > > The surname Ellenbogen is surprisingly widespread throughout Central and
      > > Eastern Europe. It is particularly found in Jewish families, though not
      > > exclusively so. It is today extensive in the U.S. and Israel. No reason to
      > > suppose it is associated with a place. It apparently has multiple origins
      > > but is thought to have originated as a craft or occupation of carpenter
      > > from the name of the tool.
      > >
      > > Curt B.
      > >
      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > ***His wife, lady Clara, was born (maiden name) Ellenbogen.***
      > > >
      > > > Lady Clara Elbow? Perhaps she came from Ellenbogen, Bohemia, a fairy
      > > tale appearing castle town in the elbow of the river. Today called Locket
      > > (elbow) between Karlovy Vary (Karlsbad) and Mariansky Lazne (Marianbad),
      > > Czech Republic. Not surprisingly, the town is located in an elbow of the
      > > river.

      > > legal chambers. His wife, lady Clara, was born (maiden name)
      > > priest is giving house numbers on this page.

      > > child
      > > > > >
      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22657-6186-71?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-ZJ7:2111960010
      > > but the

      > > this
      > > Galanta
      > > am

      > > St.
      > > Christian
      > > excellency
      > > necessarily
      > > lives in

      > > newborn
      > > addidtion
      > > > > > > >

      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-22650-11489-70?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-ZJ3:n892102475

      > > specific,
      > > > > > > > >

      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22650-8891-83?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-ZJ3:n892102475

      > > cathedral as
      > > clerk or a

      > > baptized.
      > > but not
      > > somewhere

      > > Or more

      > > St.

      > > church
      > > for the
      > > buildings,

      > > different
      > > Michutka has

      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-22655-31886-28?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-ZJM:n1505507877

      > > cancellista" in
      > > reading
      > > and I'm not

    • htcstech
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 26, 2013
        My goof. I shouldn't rely on my memory in the early hours. It is Clara
        Ellenbergerin (1795 Budapest - no image to confirm the name), Clara
        Ellenbogen (1789 - Bratislava - St Martina) and finally Elena Carberin
        (1799 Budapest - no image).
        I have developed a mistrust of transcribed records and I may be jumping to
        conclusions.

        All this new information has happened 'live' over the last 24 hrs, solely
        based on index searches. I really should be looking at marriage and
        particularly death records as he (Georgius) could have married 3 times. His
        first wife was Susanna and I'm reasonably confident that Ellenbogen and
        Ellenbergerin are the same person. Now, I'm not sure of Elena Carberin, so
        I may chase that up when I'm in Budapest.

        Peter M.

      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 27, 2013
          Loket is a simply gorgeous fairy tale castle - i stayed at an inn under the castle and had a ghost experience. If ever you are nearby - dont miss this really wonderful place

          helene