Re: [S-R] Where is Ulanka ?

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
      The “100 year rule” means records up to 1913 should be released for viewing. Anything after that requires contacting the local registrar, which is usually located at the City Hall. Zvolenské Podhradie is the name of Hungarian County that Ulanca was located in. Zvolen is a city and the abbreviation for the county.
      When asking the registrar for information covered by the 100 year rule you usually have to prove that are related to the person you are researching. Usually, it is as simple as saying, “This is my great-grandfather.”
      Here is the address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for Banska Bystrica city hall/mestsky urad. There should be an English speaker available to reply to your message.

      Mestský úrad
      Československej armády 26
      974 01 Banská Bystrica

      Tel.: 048/ 4330 321
      048/ 4330 322
      048/ 4330 323

      Bezplatná telefónna linka klientského centra:

      0800 14 15 14

      Fax: 048/ 411 35 75

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
        To MGMjher
        Thank you again.
        In France the "100 year rule" is now 75 years. I thought it became the same in the whole Europe, but it is good because I think the exact date is 1909.
        I shall try to write a mail in English.
        Best regards.
        J-Yves Auclair