Re: [S-R] Where is Ulanka ?

  • j-yves auclair
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
      Thank you for all the informations.
      I understand that to find a birth between 1900 and 1914, I have to write to the mayor of Banska Bystrica, but ask Ulanca register.
      For death of Zvolen in 1936, should write Zvolen or Banska?
      Thank you if you have the email addresses of those councils.
      Jean-Yves Auclair

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
        The “100 year rule” means records up to 1913 should be released for viewing. Anything after that requires contacting the local registrar, which is usually located at the City Hall. Zvolenské Podhradie is the name of Hungarian County that Ulanca was located in. Zvolen is a city and the abbreviation for the county.
        When asking the registrar for information covered by the 100 year rule you usually have to prove that are related to the person you are researching. Usually, it is as simple as saying, “This is my great-grandfather.”
        Here is the address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for Banska Bystrica city hall/mestsky urad. There should be an English speaker available to reply to your message.

        Mestský úrad
        Československej armády 26
        974 01 Banská Bystrica

        Tel.: 048/ 4330 321
        048/ 4330 322
        048/ 4330 323

        Bezplatná telefónna linka klientského centra:

        0800 14 15 14

        Fax: 048/ 411 35 75

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
          To MGMjher
          Thank you again.
          In France the "100 year rule" is now 75 years. I thought it became the same in the whole Europe, but it is good because I think the exact date is 1909.
          I shall try to write a mail in English.
          Best regards.
          J-Yves Auclair