Re: [S-R] Where is Ulanka ?

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
      In 1978 Ulanka was incorporated into Banska Bystrica.
      Banská Bystrica BB/BC zvolen. 1966 pričl. o. Laskomerské (1960 zlúč. o. Podlavice a Skubín do o. Laskomerské), Majer, Radvaň-Kráľová (1964 zlúč. o. Radvaň nad Hronom a Kráľová, po 1902 k o. Kráľová pričl. o. Iliaš), Rudlová a Sásová; 1970 pričl. o. Jakub, Kostiviarska, Kremnička, Rakytovce (po 1808 zlúč. o. Dolný Rakytovec a Horný Rakytovec), Senica, Šalková; 1970–1990 pričl. o. Kynceľová, Nemce; 1970–1992 pričl. o. Malachov; 1979 pričl. o. Uľanka; 1979–1990 pričl. o. Vlkanová; 1979–1992 pričl. o. Hronsek.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
        Thank you for all the informations.
        I understand that to find a birth between 1900 and 1914, I have to write to the mayor of Banska Bystrica, but ask Ulanca register.
        For death of Zvolen in 1936, should write Zvolen or Banska?
        Thank you if you have the email addresses of those councils.
        Jean-Yves Auclair

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
          The “100 year rule” means records up to 1913 should be released for viewing. Anything after that requires contacting the local registrar, which is usually located at the City Hall. Zvolenské Podhradie is the name of Hungarian County that Ulanca was located in. Zvolen is a city and the abbreviation for the county.
          When asking the registrar for information covered by the 100 year rule you usually have to prove that are related to the person you are researching. Usually, it is as simple as saying, “This is my great-grandfather.”
          Here is the address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for Banska Bystrica city hall/mestsky urad. There should be an English speaker available to reply to your message.

          Mestský úrad
          Československej armády 26
          974 01 Banská Bystrica

          Tel.: 048/ 4330 321
          048/ 4330 322
          048/ 4330 323

          Bezplatná telefónna linka klientského centra:

          0800 14 15 14

          Fax: 048/ 411 35 75

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
            To MGMjher
            Thank you again.
            In France the "100 year rule" is now 75 years. I thought it became the same in the whole Europe, but it is good because I think the exact date is 1909.
            I shall try to write a mail in English.
            Best regards.
            J-Yves Auclair