help finding birth record on Family Search website

  • lovadina_karen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
      I need help finding birth records on Family Search website. When I access the Family Search website under Continental Europe then Slovakia then Church and Synagogue Records then Roman Catholic then Spisska Nova Ves then Hnilcik I am trying to find records for three probable relatives. These relatives are listed on the site with a camera icon before their names. They are Joannes Schirilla baptized 29 May 1853, Veronica Schirilla baptized 29 July 1855, and Julianna Schirilla baptized 21 December 1858. Someone from the group sent me the link, which I greatly appreciate and I actually found my ggrandfather Jacob Schirilla baptized 5 August 1860.
      Here is my question - When I scroll backwards from Jacobs baptismal record, which is found on image 94 there is a gap and I don't see the records for 1852-1859. These are the years that I am looking for, as evidenced above. What am I doing wrong? Item I states Taufen 1844-1870, there is an icon in front of the name, but a gap in years 1852-1859.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Karen
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
        >>> When I scroll backwards from Jacobs baptismal record, which is found on image 94 there is a gap and I don't see the records for 1852-1859. These are the years that I am looking for, as evidenced above. What am I doing wrong? Item I states Taufen 1844-1870, there is an icon in front of the name, but a gap in years 1852-1859. <<<

        Yes, there is a gap at page 90. You may have to check all 696 pages to see if you can locate the errant 1852-1859 pages.

        Good luck.