RE: [S-R] MRAVKO Translation of early Latin 1698 Franciscan Order?

  • Armata, Joseph R
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013
      I think it's just the priest's name, Francis. Here's what I read:

      On the 26th?/20th? day of March (unus?) Father Francis baptized George born (in) Trnava, the son of Nicholas Mravko, the father, and Catherine, the mother. The godfather was Christopher Hiol??, and the godmother was Rosina (Rose?) the wife of the godfather.

      Joe

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013
        Joe,

        I am quite sure it is not the priest's name but says that one (=unus) ordained Fransiscan monk made the baptism. That has been often so when the regular vicar was not available for some reason (illness, travel etc...)

        Jacques

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

        > I think it's just the priest's name, Francis. Here's what I read:
        >
        > On the 26th?/20th? day of March (unus?) Father Francis baptized George born (in) Trnava, the son of Nicholas Mravko, the father, and Catherine, the mother. The godfather was Christopher Hiol??, and the godmother was Rosina (Rose?) the wife of the godfather.
        >

        > Joe

      • Armata, Joseph R
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013
          That makes sense, thanks!
          Joe

          I am quite sure it is not the priest's name but says that one (=unus) ordained Fransiscan monk made the baptism. That has been often so when the regular vicar was not available for some reason (illness, travel etc...)

          Jacques

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

          > I think it's just the priest's name, Francis. Here's what I read:
          >
          > On the 26th?/20th? day of March (unus?) Father Francis baptized George born (in) Trnava, the son of Nicholas Mravko, the father, and Catherine, the mother. The godfather was Christopher Hiol??, and the godmother was Rosina (Rose?) the wife of the godfather.
          >

          > Joe

        • htcstech
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013
            Thank you very much for your help.