Re: [S-R] Re: Karel Plicka's magnificent photos

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
      Thanks Erin -

      helene

      --- On Thu, 2/21/13, Erin Valdes <erin.valdes@...> wrote:

      > From: Erin Valdes <erin.valdes@...>
      > Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: Karel Plicka's magnificent photos
      > To: "SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com" <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 1:34 PM

      > I think she's referring to the photos that were
      > recently added to the "old pictures of Slovakia"
      > folder on the group page.
      >

      > Erin
      >

      > Sent from my iPhone
      >

      > On Feb 21, 2013, at 9:00 AM, "t.salony" t.salony@...>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > helene,
      >

      > > What am I missing here?
      >

      > > TOM
      >

      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com,
      > helene cincebeaux wrote:
      >

      > > > It is wonderful to share Karel Plicka's
      > magnificent photos but please identify the photographer - he
      > was the best and spent a good part of his life traveling the
      > Slovakia he loved and recording the people, their dress and
      > their way of life (he was a Czech but like famed painter Jan
      > Hala fell in love with Slovakia - it happens to so many of
      > us!)
      >

      > > > There is a small museum devoted to Plicka and his
      > magnificent work south of Martin.
      >

      > > > helene

    • Peter Nagy
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
        Patricia,

        The seat of Registry office for Lesne is Nacina Ves
        http://www.nacinaves.sk/-contact

        Peter

        Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
        > Dear Peter,
        >
        > Birthplace and date: Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian)
        > Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co.,
        > Slovakia. Date: November 6th, 1908. Baptism November 8th, 1908 at
        > St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce,
        > Zemplen Co. Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom
        > has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.
        >
        > Thanks so much for your trouble!
        >
        > Patricia
      • Zuzana Peer
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 22, 2013
          Hi everybody,
          I'm new member here. I'm Slovak living in TN (new US citizen) and I love History and Genealogy. Just finished my Genealogy in Trencin area.
          I have to tell you guys: you are doing fantastic job! I'm amazed how many information about Slovakia you have and were able to find and how good are you in reading and understanding old Slovak/Hungarian record. You have to dill with 3 languages-Slovak, Latin and Hungarian. You even were able to recognize Karol Plickas' pictures (I have more of them). Great !
          Please, let me know if I can help somehow.
          Zuzana (Susanna in Latin)

          ________________________________
          It is wonderful to share Karel Plicka's magnificent photos but please identify the photographer - he was the best and spent a good part of his life traveling the Slovakia he loved and recording the people, their dress and their way of life (he was a Czech but like famed painter Jan Hala fell in love with Slovakia - it happens to so many of us!)

          There is a small museum devoted to Plicka and his magnificent work south of Martin.

          helene

        • John
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 22, 2013
            >>> I love History and Genealogy. Just finished my Genealogy in Trencin area.<<<

            Zuzana, you are NEVER finished your genealogy!
          • Patricia Ehret
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
              Thank you Peter!  I appreciate your help!

              Patricia Ehret

              ________________________________
              The seat of Registry office for Lesne is Nacina Ves
              http://www.nacinaves.sk/-contact

              Peter

              Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
              > Dear Peter,
              >
              > Birthplace and date: Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian)
              > Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co.,
              > Slovakia. Date: November 6th, 1908. Baptism November 8th, 1908 at
              > St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce,
              > Zemplen Co. Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom
              > has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.
              >
              > Thanks so much for your trouble!
              >
              > Patricia

            • Patricia Ehret
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                My husband possible is a distant relation but his Ehret family moved west 100 years ago.
                So, sorry no connection but the funny thing is that my father-in-laws name is Howell.

                Patricia Ehret

                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                  Thank you John!

                  Patricia Ehret