Re: [S-R] Re: Where to request official copy of baptismal record?

  • Patricia Ehret
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
      Dear Peter,

      Birthplace and date:  Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian) Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co., Slovakia.  Date:  November 6th, 1908.  Baptism November 8th, 1908 at St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce, Zemplen Co.  Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.

      Thanks so much for your trouble!

      Patricia

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
        Thanks Erin -

        helene

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
          Patricia,

          The seat of Registry office for Lesne is Nacina Ves
          http://www.nacinaves.sk/-contact

          Peter

          Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
          > Dear Peter,
          >
          > Birthplace and date: Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian)
          > Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co.,
          > Slovakia. Date: November 6th, 1908. Baptism November 8th, 1908 at
          > St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce,
          > Zemplen Co. Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom
          > has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.
          >
          > Thanks so much for your trouble!
          >
          > Patricia
        • Zuzana Peer
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 22, 2013
            Hi everybody,
            I'm new member here. I'm Slovak living in TN (new US citizen) and I love History and Genealogy. Just finished my Genealogy in Trencin area.
            I have to tell you guys: you are doing fantastic job! I'm amazed how many information about Slovakia you have and were able to find and how good are you in reading and understanding old Slovak/Hungarian record. You have to dill with 3 languages-Slovak, Latin and Hungarian. You even were able to recognize Karol Plickas' pictures (I have more of them). Great !
            Please, let me know if I can help somehow.
            Zuzana (Susanna in Latin)

            ________________________________
            It is wonderful to share Karel Plicka's magnificent photos but please identify the photographer - he was the best and spent a good part of his life traveling the Slovakia he loved and recording the people, their dress and their way of life (he was a Czech but like famed painter Jan Hala fell in love with Slovakia - it happens to so many of us!)

            There is a small museum devoted to Plicka and his magnificent work south of Martin.

            helene

          • John
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 22, 2013
              >>> I love History and Genealogy. Just finished my Genealogy in Trencin area.<<<

              Zuzana, you are NEVER finished your genealogy!
            • Patricia Ehret
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                Thank you Peter!  I appreciate your help!

                Patricia Ehret

                ________________________________
                The seat of Registry office for Lesne is Nacina Ves
                http://www.nacinaves.sk/-contact

                Peter

                Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
                > Dear Peter,
                >
                > Birthplace and date: Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian)
                > Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co.,
                > Slovakia. Date: November 6th, 1908. Baptism November 8th, 1908 at
                > St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce,
                > Zemplen Co. Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom
                > has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.
                >
                > Thanks so much for your trouble!
                >
                > Patricia

              • Patricia Ehret
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                  My husband possible is a distant relation but his Ehret family moved west 100 years ago.
                  So, sorry no connection but the funny thing is that my father-in-laws name is Howell.

                  Patricia Ehret

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                    Thank you John!

                    Patricia Ehret