Re: [S-R] Re: Where to request official copy of baptismal record?

  • Patricia Ehret
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
      Very good question!  I need a copy of birth record for civil & state citizenship purposes which must be official.

      Thanks,

      Parichat

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
        Parichat,

        Do you know the date and birth place?
        The state vital records after 1906 are kept by the registry offices (in
        Slovak Matričný úrad). In order to give you the relevant registry
        office, I need to know the birth place and date, because the registry
        districts (matričný obvod) changed from time to time.

        Peter

        Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
        > Very good question! I need a copy of birth record for civil & state
        > citizenship purposes which must be official.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Parichat
      • davidsadventure4
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
          Dear Patricia:

          Are you any relation to a Howie Ehret that grew up on the west side of
          Cleveland, Ohio? He was a friend of mine when I was very young, but he moved
          away sometime when I was in grade school.

          Best regards,

          David

        • Patricia Ehret
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
            Dear Peter,

            Birthplace and date:  Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian) Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co., Slovakia.  Date:  November 6th, 1908.  Baptism November 8th, 1908 at St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce, Zemplen Co.  Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.

            Thanks so much for your trouble!

            Patricia

            ________________________________
            The state vital records after 1906 are kept by the registry offices (in
            Slovak Matričný úrad). In order to give you the relevant registry
            office, I need to know the birth place and date, because the registry
            districts (matričný obvod) changed from time to time.

            Peter

            Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
            > Very good question! I need a copy of birth record for civil & state
            > citizenship purposes which must be official.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Parichat

          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
              Thanks Erin -

              helene

              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
                Patricia,

                The seat of Registry office for Lesne is Nacina Ves
                http://www.nacinaves.sk/-contact

                Peter

                Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
                > Dear Peter,
                >
                > Birthplace and date: Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian)
                > Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co.,
                > Slovakia. Date: November 6th, 1908. Baptism November 8th, 1908 at
                > St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce,
                > Zemplen Co. Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom
                > has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.
                >
                > Thanks so much for your trouble!
                >
                > Patricia
              • Zuzana Peer
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 22, 2013
                  Hi everybody,
                  I'm new member here. I'm Slovak living in TN (new US citizen) and I love History and Genealogy. Just finished my Genealogy in Trencin area.
                  I have to tell you guys: you are doing fantastic job! I'm amazed how many information about Slovakia you have and were able to find and how good are you in reading and understanding old Slovak/Hungarian record. You have to dill with 3 languages-Slovak, Latin and Hungarian. You even were able to recognize Karol Plickas' pictures (I have more of them). Great !
                  Please, let me know if I can help somehow.
                  Zuzana (Susanna in Latin)

                  ________________________________
                  It is wonderful to share Karel Plicka's magnificent photos but please identify the photographer - he was the best and spent a good part of his life traveling the Slovakia he loved and recording the people, their dress and their way of life (he was a Czech but like famed painter Jan Hala fell in love with Slovakia - it happens to so many of us!)

                  There is a small museum devoted to Plicka and his magnificent work south of Martin.

                  helene

                • John
                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 22, 2013
                    >>> I love History and Genealogy. Just finished my Genealogy in Trencin area.<<<

                    Zuzana, you are NEVER finished your genealogy!
                  • Patricia Ehret
                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                      Thank you Peter!  I appreciate your help!

                      Patricia Ehret

                      ________________________________
                      The seat of Registry office for Lesne is Nacina Ves
                      http://www.nacinaves.sk/-contact

                      Peter

                      Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
                      > Dear Peter,
                      >
                      > Birthplace and date: Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian)
                      > Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co.,
                      > Slovakia. Date: November 6th, 1908. Baptism November 8th, 1908 at
                      > St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce,
                      > Zemplen Co. Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom
                      > has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.
                      >
                      > Thanks so much for your trouble!
                      >
                      > Patricia

                    • Patricia Ehret
                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                        My husband possible is a distant relation but his Ehret family moved west 100 years ago.
                        So, sorry no connection but the funny thing is that my father-in-laws name is Howell.

                        Patricia Ehret

                        Message 11 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                          Thank you John!

                          Patricia Ehret

                          After 1895, official records were and are in the civic records office.