Re: [S-R] Re: Where to request official copy of baptismal record?

  • Patricia Ehret
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
      Dear John,

      Thank you so much for your quick response.  I had however already looked at the site you mentioned but the baptismal records for
      1908 are not among them.  Someone else gave me the email for the Protopresbyter....something or other which I gather is the head parish? for Puste-Cemerne so hopefully they can help me.

      Regarding the website link you mentioned . . . . do you know whether the years not included are available and just not indexed yet or
      are not available at all?

      Again, thank you.

      Parichat

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
        Parichat,

        Do you need a an official copy of
        (i) baptismal record (for church purposes), or a copy of
        (ii) birth record (for civil and state citizenship purposes)?

        Peter

        Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
        > Dear John,
        >
        > Thank you so much for your quick response. I had however already
        > looked at the site you mentioned but the baptismal records for
        > 1908 are not among them. Someone else gave me the email for the
        > Protopresbyter....something or other which I gather is the head
        > parish? for Puste-Cemerne so hopefully they can help me.
        >
        > Regarding the website link you mentioned . . . . do you know whether
        > the years not included are available and just not indexed yet or
        > are not available at all?
        >
        > Again, thank you.
        >
        > Parichat
      • Patricia Ehret
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
          Very good question!  I need a copy of birth record for civil & state citizenship purposes which must be official.

          Thanks,

          Parichat

          ________________________________
          (i) baptismal record (for church purposes), or a copy of
          (ii) birth record (for civil and state citizenship purposes)?

          Peter

          Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
          > Dear John,
          >
          > Thank you so much for your quick response. I had however already
          > looked at the site you mentioned but the baptismal records for
          > 1908 are not among them. Someone else gave me the email for the
          > Protopresbyter....something or other which I gather is the head
          > parish? for Puste-Cemerne so hopefully they can help me.
          >
          > Regarding the website link you mentioned . . . . do you know whether
          > the years not included are available and just not indexed yet or
          > are not available at all?
          >
          > Again, thank you.
          >
          > Parichat

        • Peter Nagy
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
            Parichat,

            Do you know the date and birth place?
            The state vital records after 1906 are kept by the registry offices (in
            Slovak Matričný úrad). In order to give you the relevant registry
            office, I need to know the birth place and date, because the registry
            districts (matričný obvod) changed from time to time.

            Peter

            Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
            > Very good question! I need a copy of birth record for civil & state
            > citizenship purposes which must be official.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Parichat
          • davidsadventure4
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
              Dear Patricia:

              Are you any relation to a Howie Ehret that grew up on the west side of
              Cleveland, Ohio? He was a friend of mine when I was very young, but he moved
              away sometime when I was in grade school.

              Best regards,

              David

            • Patricia Ehret
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
                Dear Peter,

                Birthplace and date:  Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian) Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co., Slovakia.  Date:  November 6th, 1908.  Baptism November 8th, 1908 at St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce, Zemplen Co.  Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.

                Thanks so much for your trouble!

                Patricia

                ________________________________
                The state vital records after 1906 are kept by the registry offices (in
                Slovak Matričný úrad). In order to give you the relevant registry
                office, I need to know the birth place and date, because the registry
                districts (matričný obvod) changed from time to time.

                Peter

                Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
                > Very good question! I need a copy of birth record for civil & state
                > citizenship purposes which must be official.
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Parichat

              • helene cincebeaux
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
                  Thanks Erin -

                  helene

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 21, 2013
                    Patricia,

                    The seat of Registry office for Lesne is Nacina Ves
                    http://www.nacinaves.sk/-contact

                    Peter

                    Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
                    > Dear Peter,
                    >
                    > Birthplace and date: Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian)
                    > Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co.,
                    > Slovakia. Date: November 6th, 1908. Baptism November 8th, 1908 at
                    > St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce,
                    > Zemplen Co. Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom
                    > has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.
                    >
                    > Thanks so much for your trouble!
                    >
                    > Patricia
                  • Zuzana Peer
                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 22, 2013
                      Hi everybody,
                      I'm new member here. I'm Slovak living in TN (new US citizen) and I love History and Genealogy. Just finished my Genealogy in Trencin area.
                      I have to tell you guys: you are doing fantastic job! I'm amazed how many information about Slovakia you have and were able to find and how good are you in reading and understanding old Slovak/Hungarian record. You have to dill with 3 languages-Slovak, Latin and Hungarian. You even were able to recognize Karol Plickas' pictures (I have more of them). Great !
                      Please, let me know if I can help somehow.
                      Zuzana (Susanna in Latin)

                      ________________________________
                      It is wonderful to share Karel Plicka's magnificent photos but please identify the photographer - he was the best and spent a good part of his life traveling the Slovakia he loved and recording the people, their dress and their way of life (he was a Czech but like famed painter Jan Hala fell in love with Slovakia - it happens to so many of us!)

                      There is a small museum devoted to Plicka and his magnificent work south of Martin.

                      helene

                    • John
                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 22, 2013
                        >>> I love History and Genealogy. Just finished my Genealogy in Trencin area.<<<

                        Zuzana, you are NEVER finished your genealogy!
                      • Patricia Ehret
                        Message 11 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                          Thank you Peter!  I appreciate your help!

                          Patricia Ehret

                          ________________________________
                          The seat of Registry office for Lesne is Nacina Ves
                          http://www.nacinaves.sk/-contact

                          Peter

                          Patricia Ehret wrote / napísal(a):
                          > Dear Peter,
                          >
                          > Birthplace and date: Leszna, Michalovce (NagyMihaly in Hungarian)
                          > Zemplen Co., Hungary now Lesne or Lesna, Michalovce, Zemplin Co.,
                          > Slovakia. Date: November 6th, 1908. Baptism November 8th, 1908 at
                          > St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church in Puste-Cemerne, Michalovce,
                          > Zemplen Co. Baptismal certificate says Eparchy was Michalovce bottom
                          > has a Uzhorogod stamp which is now part of Ukraine.
                          >
                          > Thanks so much for your trouble!
                          >
                          > Patricia

                        • Patricia Ehret
                          Message 12 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                            My husband possible is a distant relation but his Ehret family moved west 100 years ago.
                            So, sorry no connection but the funny thing is that my father-in-laws name is Howell.

                            Patricia Ehret

                            Message 13 of 20 , Feb 23, 2013
                              Thank you John!

                              Patricia Ehret

                              After 1895, official records were and are in the civic records office.