Re: [S-R] Re: SLOVAK SURNAMES, TOP 10

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
      Anecdotally in my extended family, Horvath meant Southern Slav and Toth
      means Upper Slav. The frequency of the names suggest that Horvath in
      particular can't just come from Croatia, but encompasses a larger
      demographic throughout old Hungary.

      Peter M.

    • Ron
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 22, 2013
        This topic has been picked up and carried much further on Slovak Spot at
        https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/slovak-spot/4qs9oQmCWUc

        which is a "must read" for anyone wishing to follow this topic. The coverage of the topic on this Forum has followed what I would classify as more "opinion" and "observation" than scholarly research, so I certainly do recommend you look to _Slovak Spot_ on Google Groups for a continuation of the topic.

        Ron