Re: [S-R] Re: SLOVAK SURNAMES, TOP 10

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
      a.. ^ "Najčastejšie priezviská na Slovensku (Most common family names in Slovakia)". Geni.sk. Retrieved 17 August 2012.

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
        Anecdotally in my extended family, Horvath meant Southern Slav and Toth
        means Upper Slav. The frequency of the names suggest that Horvath in
        particular can't just come from Croatia, but encompasses a larger
        demographic throughout old Hungary.

        Peter M.

      • Ron
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 22, 2013
          This topic has been picked up and carried much further on Slovak Spot at
          https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/slovak-spot/4qs9oQmCWUc

          which is a "must read" for anyone wishing to follow this topic. The coverage of the topic on this Forum has followed what I would classify as more "opinion" and "observation" than scholarly research, so I certainly do recommend you look to _Slovak Spot_ on Google Groups for a continuation of the topic.

          Ron