Re: [S-R] Alias Confusion (3 names)

  • Zuzana
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hi,
      after my experience "alias" or "also known as..." are nicknames.They were necessary in each willage because of so many namesakes. I can imagine 3-4 Mathias Skop in one willage, so they call him also Kuhar or Hajducsek because his next door neighbour was Kuhar or Hajducsek,or his mother/Grandmother maidenname was Kuhar or Hajducsek. All nicknames had some reason.
      By the way :almost every Slovak willage had writer/notarius who could write Latin and Hungarian. Priests usually did not make recording.
      Zuzana (born and grew up in Slovakia)