Re: [S-R] Polish genealogical sources

  • davidsadventure4
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2013
      Dear Allison and Ron:

      Thank you both for your tips. I will try them.

      I hope that you have a great day. May God bless and smile upon each of
      you.

      Best regards,

      David

      In a message dated 2/16/2013 10:57:44 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      amiak27@... writes:

      There is also the AustroHungarian Army page at

      _http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/_
      (http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/)

      You can look at the bottom of the page and find a link to their discussion
      forum. I have signed on before and they were very helpful at identifying a
      uniform and answering other questions.

      Ron
      sent from my telegraph
      (to steal a neat joke!)

      --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)
      , Allison W wrote:

      > If you google world war I uniform images you may see what you are
      looking for, otherwise there are some museums that may be able to answer your
      question.

      > Sent from Allison Weick
      > weickof4@...
      >
      > On Feb 15, 2013, at 1:51 PM, david1law@... wrote:
      >
      > > Dear Kurt:
      > >
      > > Thank you for sharing about what appears to be an awesome and
      excellent
      > > resource for those of us who also have ancestors in Southern Poland.
      For
      (http://nac.gov.pl/) ) because GOOGLE.COM can translate the page
      > > for you into English. I am just starting to look through the site, and
      > > hope and pray that church records from around the KROSNO area of
      POLAND are
      > > there. Now, if I can only find someone who knows military history and
      can
      > > determine the type of uniform that my great grandfather FRANTISCEK
      MOSKAL
      > > wore in World War I, I would be very happy.
      > >
      > > Thank you again, Kurt! Dobry den!
      > >
      > > Best regards,
      > >
      > > David
      > >
      > > In a message dated 2/15/2013 2:24:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > > curt67boc@... writes:
      > >
      > > For those interested in Polish genealogy or work in the Slovak Spis
      > > villages in Southern Poland there is good news. The Polish State
      Archives has

      (http://nac.gov.pl/files/D'ASC1_02_2013v.3.pdf_)
      > > (_http://nac.gov.pl/files/D_ (http://nac.gov.pl/files/D)
      'ASC1_02_2013v.3.pdf)

      > > Curt B.

    • Gina
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2013
        Rather than using Google or another translator to help, you can just click
        on the 'EN' on the top right on the page. It will take you to their English
        translation page.

        Thanks for sharing this great new resource! I can't wait till March!

        Gina

        1a Polish genealogical sources
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/35192;_ylc=X3oDMTJxb3BmMHBsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzUxOTIEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTM2MTAzODQyMQ-->