Re: [S-R] Records dilemma!

  • davidsadventure4
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2013
      Dear Jen:

      Hello! What are the surnames that you are researching in KALAVA? My
      great, great grandmother THERESA ONDERCIN (also spelled ONDERCSIN and
      ONDERTSIN) was from the village of KALAVA. She was the daughter of JACOB ONDERCIN
      and MARIA KOVALCIK (also spelled KOVALCSIK and KOVALTSIK). With our
      ancestors in the same small village, I believe that there is a good possibility
      that we may have a family connection somewhere down the line.

      Below are the surnames in my direct lineage. Please feel free to write me
      directly at _David1Law@..._ (mailto:David1Law@...) (the "1" is a
      "one"). I look forward to hearing from you.

      Best regards,

      David

      Researching the village of ROZNAVA in GEMER County // the villages of
      DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA, MLYNICA, RICHNAVA,
      SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS County // the villages of
      DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the following surnames:
      BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY,
      HARENCSAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KISSEL, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS,
      ONDERCIN, RUSZBACZKY, TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant spellings thereof. Also
      KUBIT, MOSKAL, ZAJDEL, WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL, GLOWIENKA,
      and KROSNO, POLAND.

      In a message dated 2/16/2013 9:56:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      jenandrasko@... writes:

      Hi everyone,

      I have a bit of a dilemma. I am researching my Great-Grandmother's
      ancestors in Kal'ava, Gelnica, Slovakia. Unfortunately, the records go from
      1722-1750 and 1820-1911. According to a letter in the front of the 1820 records
      written half in slovak, half in hungarian, the 1751-1819 records have been
      destroyed in a fire.

      I have gone to all the neighboring towns and looked through everything to
      try to find births, deaths, marriages. I've only unearthed a handful of
      marriages.

      I have also looked at the 1869 census for Kal'ava and all neighboring
      villages.

      Anyone have any other suggestions??! I heard of something called the
      bishops duplicates or "Druhopisy". Has anyone had any luck locating them for
      their towns?

      Thank you,
      Jen

    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2013
        >>> I heard of something called the bishops duplicates or "Druhopisy". Has anyone had any luck locating them for their towns? <<<

        Often in the archive with the base copy but not always. For Senne, Ung Megye, RC, they are in Satu Mare, Romania.

        20 missing years of Dubravka, Zemplen Megye, GC records are in Satoraljaujhely, Hungary.