Re: [S-R] 1829 Land Census

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2013
      It's a good resource actually. You can see the problems associated with the
      1869 census and how only some region's data survived. All in all it's very
      patchy. I do wonder why they didn't bother to include the 1715-1720 tax
      census?
      I just hope that one day a treasure trove of census data will be found in
      the cellars and attics!

      Peter M.

      On 16 February 2013 02:21, <takukuk@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Here's another record of census and census-like archives you might
      > consider
      > as a resource:
      >
      > _http://www.demogr.mpg.de/papers/working/wp-2011-020.pdf_
      > (http://www.demogr.mpg.de/papers/working/wp-2011-020.pdf)
      >

      > In a message dated 2/14/2013 4:22:04 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      > carl.kotlarchik@... writes:
      >
      > I would like to give a big thank-you to Eric Hajducsek for bringing our
      > attention to the pdf files of the 1829 Land Census. He helped me make
      > those
      > pdf images into a searchable file for Szepes County which led me to the
      > area
      > that my family was from. As a result, I finally found the original family
      > home town that I have searched for (>10 years). Then using the LDS website
      > with the slightly different surname spellings, I was able to find my
      > family
      > records. They go back to the early 1700s. Thank you Eric!
      > CK

    • lrrykck
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2013
        Peter/ Carl

         Where would I find the 1829 land census in PDF that you mention?

         Thank you.

        larry

        It's a good resource actually. You can see the problems associated with the
        1869 census and how only some region's data survived. All in all it's very
        patchy. I do wonder why they didn't bother to include the 1715-1720 tax
        census?
        I just hope that one day a treasure trove of census data will be found in
        the cellars and attics!

        Peter M.

        On 16 February 2013 02:21, <takukuk@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Here's another record of census and census-like archives you might
        > consider
        > as a resource:
        >
        > _http://www.demogr.mpg.de/papers/working/wp-2011-020.pdf_
        > (http://www.demogr.mpg.de/papers/working/wp-2011-020.pdf)
        >

        > In a message dated 2/14/2013 4:22:04 P.M. Central Standard Time,
        > carl.kotlarchik@... writes:
        >
        > I would like to give a big thank-you to Eric Hajducsek for bringing our
        > attention to the pdf files of the 1829 Land Census. He helped me make
        > those
        > pdf images into a searchable file for Szepes County which led me to the
        > area
        > that my family was from. As a result, I finally found the original family
        > home town that I have searched for (>10 years). Then using the LDS website
        > with the slightly different surname spellings, I was able to find my
        > family
        > records. They go back to the early 1700s. Thank you Eric!
        > CK

      • Carl
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2013
          Larry,
          If you go to the "files" section of this forum, look for a file that Eric Hajducsek placed there named: "1828 Hungarian Land Census Indices of Villages and Surnames". This file will explain how you can find the census and provides a link to the site.
          CK