Re: [S-R] More help for Triscsik, Ondercso in areas of Sabinov, Jarovnice

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
      Hi Bette,

      I probably can not give you much help, but the name Merecziczki caught my eye and I just had to write to you.
      Several years ago I was searching in Jernye/ Jarovnice for Makara. They are however very, very distant cousins. Our Makara family probably came from neighboring Peklin/ Uzovske Peklany and I did, what they call a Cluster Search. You will probably have come across the name already.

      Here are two good websites for help with village names

      http://www.cisarik.com/0_former_Saros_Saris_county.html

      This the website of Juraj Cisarik, for wich I am ever grateful
      This is a very helpful website for me. i can check the spelling of a placename and get information about the village.
      Find your village name, for instance Modcidlany, and click on it and you get, see below

      http://www.cisarik.com/0_Mocidlany_Sabinov_PV_Saros_Saris.html

      You know about Bill Tarkulich's site ? An invaluable site for so many things. Thank you Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/toolbox.htm

      If I can be of any help, write to me at christine1931@...

      Christine

    • Bette Triscik
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
        Thanks,
        John that is house #68 and the spelling of the surnames are close. In Jernye #
        65 there are 4 Triscsik's listed and #65 was once listed as the home
        of NEIJTUSZ TRISCSIK and Anna Ondercso on the baptism record of their daughter,
        Erzebet, 15 Nov, 1876. Image, Entry 44

        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83450-25?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FVL:n1550137223

        Maybe both houses were homes of my family with siblings/ cousins/etc/
        I'll get more info but keep these facts.
        Bette

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 16, 2013
          I am glad that you are making significant progress.

          Come back with outstanding questions or issues as we may lost track.