Re: More help for Triscsik, Ondercso in areas of Sabinov, Jarovnice

  • Bette
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
      Thanks Peter,
      You were very thorough in answers. I appreciate your taking the time to explain why also. I don't know much about R. C. religion or any other religions as I grew up in Utah in the 1950's and the LDS church (Mormon) was the predominant religion then.
      I will check out #2 to find NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK' mother's maiden name which will be helpful.
      In # 3, all 5 children, I found birth records for had listed as their parents: Triscsik,
      Nejtusz & Ondercso, Anna, Jernye 68. All 5 children had the same godparents also: Kiovfzky, György and Adamcso, Juliana.
      Bette

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, htcstech wrote:

> [...]
      > > and Nejtus Triscsik. If the baby died without being baptized, maybe
      > > that is why there is no baptism record, but you would think there would
      > > be a death record. They had been married 5 months maybe it was
      > > miscarriage???
      > >
      > > Entry #8 at
      > >
      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34609-56?cc=1554443&w\
      > > c=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34609-56?cc=1554443&\
      > > wc=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
      > > >

      > > 4.ANNA ONDERCSO, Birth: 7 May 1856, parents Joames c and Maria Lukacs
      > > both r.c. Mocsolya #1,
      > >
      > > Godparents: Andreas Lukacs & Elisaberta? Sp??Haresar Harescr
      > >
      > > Entry # 20
      > >
      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-35762-36?cc=1554443&w\
      > > c=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-35762-36?cc=1554443&\
      > > wc=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
      > > >

      > > 5 . NEIJTUSZ TRISCSIK married on 28 Feb 1876, (BD 1851?)TRISCSIK
      > > NEIJTUSZ , age 25, BD 1851 (Jernye 68 and ANNA ONDERCSO, age 20, (BD
      > > 1856) Daughter of Janos and Marian Ondercso, Mocidolany 35 . Witnesses,
      > > Jakabesin, Janos and T?rovaly, Matyas. Parents of Nejtus Triscsik not
      > > listed because this is his 2nd marriage. He is listed as
      > > "orvegy"or widower.
      > >
      > > In the second to the last column, does it say that this is his 2nd
      > > marriage?
      > >
      > > Entry # 2 at
      > >
      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-84005-96?cc=1554443&wc=\
      > > M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223
      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-84005-96?cc=1554443&wc\
      > > =M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223
      > > >

      > > 6. Death 27 April 1890, ONDERCSO ERZSEBET,--TRISCSIK, NEJT , Neje (wife
      > > of) Cause: Jaundice, age 35 Jernye 68 The mother of my grandfather,
      > > Nejtus Triscsik, and his 4 siblings, was listed as Anna Ondercso, not
      > > Erzsébet Ondercso, wife of Netusz Triscsik . Her age of 35 is right
      > > for her bd of May 7, 1856) Was she Anna Erzsebet Ondercso or just an
      > > error by the scribe?
      > >
      > > Netusz Triscsik was married 3 X's and Anna Ondercso was his 2nd
      > > wife. His 1st and 3rd wives were both named Erzsebet (see #'s 2 &
      > > 7 ) and he had a daughter named Erzsebet Triscsik, bd 15 Nov, 1876.
      > >
      > > (I am searching to confirm that she is Elizabeth (Lizzie) Trescik Turak
      > > who lived in PA and Iowa near Ferencz Triscsik (Frank Trisik)in 1905
      > > -1917.)
      > >
      > > Entry #15
      > >
      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc=\
      > > M99C-FVL:n1550137223
      > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc\
      > > =M99C-FVL:n1550137223
      > > >

      > > 7.Marriage 2 June 1890, Triscsik, Nejt age 37 (BD 1853?) Jernye 68 and
      > >
      > > Novodnj, ERZSEBET ,Age 24, (BD 1865?) Mocidolany 14 Parents: Janus
      > > Novodnj and Erzsebet S???? Can't read mom's maiden name
      > >
      > > Witnesses Trisco , Janus and Triscsik, Mikaly

    • christine mackara
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
        Hi Bette,

        I probably can not give you much help, but the name Merecziczki caught my eye and I just had to write to you.
        Several years ago I was searching in Jernye/ Jarovnice for Makara. They are however very, very distant cousins. Our Makara family probably came from neighboring Peklin/ Uzovske Peklany and I did, what they call a Cluster Search. You will probably have come across the name already.

        Here are two good websites for help with village names

        http://www.cisarik.com/0_former_Saros_Saris_county.html

        This the website of Juraj Cisarik, for wich I am ever grateful
        This is a very helpful website for me. i can check the spelling of a placename and get information about the village.
        Find your village name, for instance Modcidlany, and click on it and you get, see below

        http://www.cisarik.com/0_Mocidlany_Sabinov_PV_Saros_Saris.html

        You know about Bill Tarkulich's site ? An invaluable site for so many things. Thank you Bill Tarkulich
        http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/toolbox.htm

        If I can be of any help, write to me at christine1931@...

        Christine

      • Bette Triscik
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
          Thanks,
          John that is house #68 and the spelling of the surnames are close. In Jernye #
          65 there are 4 Triscsik's listed and #65 was once listed as the home
          of NEIJTUSZ TRISCSIK and Anna Ondercso on the baptism record of their daughter,
          Erzebet, 15 Nov, 1876. Image, Entry 44

          https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83450-25?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FVL:n1550137223

          Maybe both houses were homes of my family with siblings/ cousins/etc/
          I'll get more info but keep these facts.
          Bette

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 16, 2013
            I am glad that you are making significant progress.

            Come back with outstanding questions or issues as we may lost track.