Re: More help for Triscsik, Ondercso in areas of Sabinov, Jarovnice

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
      >>> I would also like some help in finding the birth/ death record of NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK, my great grandfather, but cannot find it yet. I believe he was born between 1850-1853, <<<

      The following list may help you to index the onlibe church records.
      Inv. č. 389
      Krsty 1750-1777 –
      Úmrtia 1760-1783 –
      Krsty 1777-1784 –
      Manželstvá 1750-1790 –
      Úmrtia 1750-1759, 1783-1793 –
      Manželstvá 1790-1793 –
      Krsty 1785-1793 –
      Manželstvá 1793 –

      Inv. č. 390
      Krsty 1794-1851 –
      Birmovaní 1836, 1805 –

      Inv. č. 391
      Krsty 1852-1878 – <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
      Úmrtia 1852-1883 -

      Inv. č. 391 (pokrač.)
      Úmrtia 1883-1885 –
      Manželstvá 1852-1885 –

      Inv. č. 392
      Krsty 1879-1896 –
      Úmrtia 1886-1896 –
      Manželstvá 1886-1896 –

      Inv. č. 393
      Druhopisy krstov, uzavretých manželstiev, úmrtí 1861-1895 -

      The church record for GGF may be on page 547/727
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34151-45?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FV2:2065591440

      Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Roman Catholic (Rímsko-katolícká cirkev)SabinovJarovniceBaptisms (Krsty) 1750-177...Deaths (Úmrtia) 1852-1883 Image 547 of 727
    • Bette
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
        Thanks Peter,
        You were very thorough in answers. I appreciate your taking the time to explain why also. I don't know much about R. C. religion or any other religions as I grew up in Utah in the 1950's and the LDS church (Mormon) was the predominant religion then.
        I will check out #2 to find NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK' mother's maiden name which will be helpful.
        In # 3, all 5 children, I found birth records for had listed as their parents: Triscsik,
        Nejtusz & Ondercso, Anna, Jernye 68. All 5 children had the same godparents also: Kiovfzky, György and Adamcso, Juliana.
        Bette

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, htcstech wrote:

> [...]
        > > and Nejtus Triscsik. If the baby died without being baptized, maybe
        > > that is why there is no baptism record, but you would think there would
        > > be a death record. They had been married 5 months maybe it was
        > > miscarriage???
        > >
        > > Entry #8 at
        > >
        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34609-56?cc=1554443&w\
        > > c=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34609-56?cc=1554443&\
        > > wc=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
        > > >

        > > 4.ANNA ONDERCSO, Birth: 7 May 1856, parents Joames c and Maria Lukacs
        > > both r.c. Mocsolya #1,
        > >
        > > Godparents: Andreas Lukacs & Elisaberta? Sp??Haresar Harescr
        > >
        > > Entry # 20
        > >
        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-35762-36?cc=1554443&w\
        > > c=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-35762-36?cc=1554443&\
        > > wc=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
        > > >

        > > 5 . NEIJTUSZ TRISCSIK married on 28 Feb 1876, (BD 1851?)TRISCSIK
        > > NEIJTUSZ , age 25, BD 1851 (Jernye 68 and ANNA ONDERCSO, age 20, (BD
        > > 1856) Daughter of Janos and Marian Ondercso, Mocidolany 35 . Witnesses,
        > > Jakabesin, Janos and T?rovaly, Matyas. Parents of Nejtus Triscsik not
        > > listed because this is his 2nd marriage. He is listed as
        > > "orvegy"or widower.
        > >
        > > In the second to the last column, does it say that this is his 2nd
        > > marriage?
        > >
        > > Entry # 2 at
        > >
        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-84005-96?cc=1554443&wc=\
        > > M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223
        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-84005-96?cc=1554443&wc\
        > > =M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223
        > > >

        > > 6. Death 27 April 1890, ONDERCSO ERZSEBET,--TRISCSIK, NEJT , Neje (wife
        > > of) Cause: Jaundice, age 35 Jernye 68 The mother of my grandfather,
        > > Nejtus Triscsik, and his 4 siblings, was listed as Anna Ondercso, not
        > > Erzsébet Ondercso, wife of Netusz Triscsik . Her age of 35 is right
        > > for her bd of May 7, 1856) Was she Anna Erzsebet Ondercso or just an
        > > error by the scribe?
        > >
        > > Netusz Triscsik was married 3 X's and Anna Ondercso was his 2nd
        > > wife. His 1st and 3rd wives were both named Erzsebet (see #'s 2 &
        > > 7 ) and he had a daughter named Erzsebet Triscsik, bd 15 Nov, 1876.
        > >
        > > (I am searching to confirm that she is Elizabeth (Lizzie) Trescik Turak
        > > who lived in PA and Iowa near Ferencz Triscsik (Frank Trisik)in 1905
        > > -1917.)
        > >
        > > Entry #15
        > >
        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc=\
        > > M99C-FVL:n1550137223
        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc\
        > > =M99C-FVL:n1550137223
        > > >

        > > 7.Marriage 2 June 1890, Triscsik, Nejt age 37 (BD 1853?) Jernye 68 and
        > >
        > > Novodnj, ERZSEBET ,Age 24, (BD 1865?) Mocidolany 14 Parents: Janus
        > > Novodnj and Erzsebet S???? Can't read mom's maiden name
        > >
        > > Witnesses Trisco , Janus and Triscsik, Mikaly

      • christine mackara
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
          Hi Bette,

          I probably can not give you much help, but the name Merecziczki caught my eye and I just had to write to you.
          Several years ago I was searching in Jernye/ Jarovnice for Makara. They are however very, very distant cousins. Our Makara family probably came from neighboring Peklin/ Uzovske Peklany and I did, what they call a Cluster Search. You will probably have come across the name already.

          Here are two good websites for help with village names

          http://www.cisarik.com/0_former_Saros_Saris_county.html

          This the website of Juraj Cisarik, for wich I am ever grateful
          This is a very helpful website for me. i can check the spelling of a placename and get information about the village.
          Find your village name, for instance Modcidlany, and click on it and you get, see below

          http://www.cisarik.com/0_Mocidlany_Sabinov_PV_Saros_Saris.html

          You know about Bill Tarkulich's site ? An invaluable site for so many things. Thank you Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/toolbox.htm

          If I can be of any help, write to me at christine1931@...

          Christine

        • Bette Triscik
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
            Thanks,
            John that is house #68 and the spelling of the surnames are close. In Jernye #
            65 there are 4 Triscsik's listed and #65 was once listed as the home
            of NEIJTUSZ TRISCSIK and Anna Ondercso on the baptism record of their daughter,
            Erzebet, 15 Nov, 1876. Image, Entry 44

            https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83450-25?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FVL:n1550137223

            Maybe both houses were homes of my family with siblings/ cousins/etc/
            I'll get more info but keep these facts.
            Bette

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 16, 2013
              I am glad that you are making significant progress.

              Come back with outstanding questions or issues as we may lost track.