Re: More help for Triscsik, Ondercso in areas of Sabinov, Jarovnice

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
      >>> I would also like some help in finding the birth/ death record of NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK, my great grandfather, but cannot find it yet. I believe he was born between 1850-1853, <<<

      You never mentioned the religion -- which is RC.

      The 1869 Hungarian Census for the family home is found at:
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28480-17987-99?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CW6:n406930707

      It provides useful information about seven members of the family.
    • John
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
        >>> I would also like some help in finding the birth/ death record of NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK, my great grandfather, but cannot find it yet. I believe he was born between 1850-1853, <<<

        The following list may help you to index the onlibe church records.
        Inv. č. 389
        Krsty 1750-1777 –
        Úmrtia 1760-1783 –
        Krsty 1777-1784 –
        Manželstvá 1750-1790 –
        Úmrtia 1750-1759, 1783-1793 –
        Manželstvá 1790-1793 –
        Krsty 1785-1793 –
        Manželstvá 1793 –

        Inv. č. 390
        Krsty 1794-1851 –
        Birmovaní 1836, 1805 –

        Inv. č. 391
        Krsty 1852-1878 – <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        Úmrtia 1852-1883 -

        Inv. č. 391 (pokrač.)
        Úmrtia 1883-1885 –
        Manželstvá 1852-1885 –

        Inv. č. 392
        Krsty 1879-1896 –
        Úmrtia 1886-1896 –
        Manželstvá 1886-1896 –

        Inv. č. 393
        Druhopisy krstov, uzavretých manželstiev, úmrtí 1861-1895 -

        The church record for GGF may be on page 547/727
        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34151-45?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FV2:2065591440

        Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Roman Catholic (Rímsko-katolícká cirkev)SabinovJarovniceBaptisms (Krsty) 1750-177...Deaths (Úmrtia) 1852-1883 Image 547 of 727
      • Bette
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
          Thanks Peter,
          You were very thorough in answers. I appreciate your taking the time to explain why also. I don't know much about R. C. religion or any other religions as I grew up in Utah in the 1950's and the LDS church (Mormon) was the predominant religion then.
          I will check out #2 to find NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK' mother's maiden name which will be helpful.
          In # 3, all 5 children, I found birth records for had listed as their parents: Triscsik,
          Nejtusz & Ondercso, Anna, Jernye 68. All 5 children had the same godparents also: Kiovfzky, György and Adamcso, Juliana.
          Bette

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, htcstech wrote:

> [...]
          > > and Nejtus Triscsik. If the baby died without being baptized, maybe
          > > that is why there is no baptism record, but you would think there would
          > > be a death record. They had been married 5 months maybe it was
          > > miscarriage???
          > >
          > > Entry #8 at
          > >
          > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34609-56?cc=1554443&w\
          > > c=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
          > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34609-56?cc=1554443&\
          > > wc=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
          > > >

          > > 4.ANNA ONDERCSO, Birth: 7 May 1856, parents Joames c and Maria Lukacs
          > > both r.c. Mocsolya #1,
          > >
          > > Godparents: Andreas Lukacs & Elisaberta? Sp??Haresar Harescr
          > >
          > > Entry # 20
          > >
          > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-35762-36?cc=1554443&w\
          > > c=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
          > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-35762-36?cc=1554443&\
          > > wc=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
          > > >

          > > 5 . NEIJTUSZ TRISCSIK married on 28 Feb 1876, (BD 1851?)TRISCSIK
          > > NEIJTUSZ , age 25, BD 1851 (Jernye 68 and ANNA ONDERCSO, age 20, (BD
          > > 1856) Daughter of Janos and Marian Ondercso, Mocidolany 35 . Witnesses,
          > > Jakabesin, Janos and T?rovaly, Matyas. Parents of Nejtus Triscsik not
          > > listed because this is his 2nd marriage. He is listed as
          > > "orvegy"or widower.
          > >
          > > In the second to the last column, does it say that this is his 2nd
          > > marriage?
          > >
          > > Entry # 2 at
          > >
          > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-84005-96?cc=1554443&wc=\
          > > M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223
          > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-84005-96?cc=1554443&wc\
          > > =M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223
          > > >

          > > 6. Death 27 April 1890, ONDERCSO ERZSEBET,--TRISCSIK, NEJT , Neje (wife
          > > of) Cause: Jaundice, age 35 Jernye 68 The mother of my grandfather,
          > > Nejtus Triscsik, and his 4 siblings, was listed as Anna Ondercso, not
          > > Erzsébet Ondercso, wife of Netusz Triscsik . Her age of 35 is right
          > > for her bd of May 7, 1856) Was she Anna Erzsebet Ondercso or just an
          > > error by the scribe?
          > >
          > > Netusz Triscsik was married 3 X's and Anna Ondercso was his 2nd
          > > wife. His 1st and 3rd wives were both named Erzsebet (see #'s 2 &
          > > 7 ) and he had a daughter named Erzsebet Triscsik, bd 15 Nov, 1876.
          > >
          > > (I am searching to confirm that she is Elizabeth (Lizzie) Trescik Turak
          > > who lived in PA and Iowa near Ferencz Triscsik (Frank Trisik)in 1905
          > > -1917.)
          > >
          > > Entry #15
          > >
          > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc=\
          > > M99C-FVL:n1550137223
          > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc\
          > > =M99C-FVL:n1550137223
          > > >

          > > 7.Marriage 2 June 1890, Triscsik, Nejt age 37 (BD 1853?) Jernye 68 and
          > >
          > > Novodnj, ERZSEBET ,Age 24, (BD 1865?) Mocidolany 14 Parents: Janus
          > > Novodnj and Erzsebet S???? Can't read mom's maiden name
          > >
          > > Witnesses Trisco , Janus and Triscsik, Mikaly

        • christine mackara
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
            Hi Bette,

            I probably can not give you much help, but the name Merecziczki caught my eye and I just had to write to you.
            Several years ago I was searching in Jernye/ Jarovnice for Makara. They are however very, very distant cousins. Our Makara family probably came from neighboring Peklin/ Uzovske Peklany and I did, what they call a Cluster Search. You will probably have come across the name already.

            Here are two good websites for help with village names

            http://www.cisarik.com/0_former_Saros_Saris_county.html

            This the website of Juraj Cisarik, for wich I am ever grateful
            This is a very helpful website for me. i can check the spelling of a placename and get information about the village.
            Find your village name, for instance Modcidlany, and click on it and you get, see below

            http://www.cisarik.com/0_Mocidlany_Sabinov_PV_Saros_Saris.html

            You know about Bill Tarkulich's site ? An invaluable site for so many things. Thank you Bill Tarkulich
            http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/toolbox.htm

            If I can be of any help, write to me at christine1931@...

            Christine

          • Bette Triscik
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
              Thanks,
              John that is house #68 and the spelling of the surnames are close. In Jernye #
              65 there are 4 Triscsik's listed and #65 was once listed as the home
              of NEIJTUSZ TRISCSIK and Anna Ondercso on the baptism record of their daughter,
              Erzebet, 15 Nov, 1876. Image, Entry 44

              https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83450-25?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FVL:n1550137223

              Maybe both houses were homes of my family with siblings/ cousins/etc/
              I'll get more info but keep these facts.
              Bette

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 16, 2013
                I am glad that you are making significant progress.

                Come back with outstanding questions or issues as we may lost track.