Re: [S-R] More help for Triscsik, Ondercso in areas of Sabinov, Jarovnice

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
      "Godparents: Vuoivjzki ??, György and Adamcso, Juliana ? How do you
      spell György's last name?

      1: Entry #33 at

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83550-12?cc=1554443&wc=\
      M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223<https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83550-12?cc=1554443&wc=M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223>
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83550-12?cc=1554443&wc\
      =M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223<https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83550-12?cc=1554443&wc=M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223>
      >"

      1. Gyorgy KIOVFZKY is what it looks like, though I would think it is
      KIOVSZKY.
      2. It's (Maria) nak fia - meaning 'it's their son' There is no maiden name
      and you should search out this marriage to find that out.
      - The full name of the father is Triscsik Gyorgy by implication.
      - again, the word is 'nak' meaning of and not Marianah.
      The whole entry is:
      Trescsik Nejtus
      Gyorgy (servant) and Maria's son
      ---
      Merecziczki Erzebet
      Andras (servant) and Maria's daughter
      In the entry below, you can see the whole spelling of Marianak. The 'nak'
      pronounced 'knock' is a suffix ending and is a possessive case that
      includes the father.

      The name Maria was a very common name but you are incorrect to say that it
      is a confirmation name. It is her baptismal name. There are lots of
      different naming traditions depending somewhat on the time and location.
      It's pretty complicated, but one tradition is that the first born girl is
      given the name of the mother of the wife. This is truer the early you get,
      though nothing is set in stone. Similar naming traditions have helped me
      speculate that the unknown father of a very early ancestor was most
      probably Joannes, as the ancestor's first born was baptized as Joannes.
      This way you can make educated guesses on continuity. Nothing is set in
      stone though as (for example) I have found a few 'Maria Theresa' named
      after the Austrian Empress.

      3 - She dies during childbirth and did not get last rights - A midwife did
      have rights to baptise if there was one present (any Catholic has the
      right). If there is no death record for a baby then possibly the baby was
      not born. 'Kovetkezteben' doesn't give much of a clue as it means '(died)
      as a consequence of (giving birth)'. So it could have been a miscarriage if
      your dates are correct.

      4. HARCSAR

      5. No. It states the 2nd degree away from the bloodline of a
      brother-in-law. This is to make the marriage legal. Degrees of seperation
      as per R.C. policy.

      6. It's definitely Erzsebet - Nejtus neje as you say. She was not Anna and
      you better be careful to seperate any half-brothers/sisters from this union.

      7. The priest used the last column for parents. There are no parent written
      for Nejtus, but NOVOTIN(?) Erzsebet parents are NOVOTIN Janos ~ Janus and
      KUZMA(?) Anna - Very poor script.

      Somebody else confirm 5 please as I can't get a good translation for
      Folmentve - it could mean Felmentve (acquitted).

      Peter M.

    • John
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
        >>> I would also like some help in finding the birth/ death record of NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK, my great grandfather, but cannot find it yet. I believe he was born between 1850-1853, <<<

        You never mentioned the religion -- which is RC.

        The 1869 Hungarian Census for the family home is found at:
        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28480-17987-99?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CW6:n406930707

        It provides useful information about seven members of the family.
      • John
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
          >>> I would also like some help in finding the birth/ death record of NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK, my great grandfather, but cannot find it yet. I believe he was born between 1850-1853, <<<

          The following list may help you to index the onlibe church records.
          Inv. č. 389
          Krsty 1750-1777 –
          Úmrtia 1760-1783 –
          Krsty 1777-1784 –
          Manželstvá 1750-1790 –
          Úmrtia 1750-1759, 1783-1793 –
          Manželstvá 1790-1793 –
          Krsty 1785-1793 –
          Manželstvá 1793 –

          Inv. č. 390
          Krsty 1794-1851 –
          Birmovaní 1836, 1805 –

          Inv. č. 391
          Krsty 1852-1878 – <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
          Úmrtia 1852-1883 -

          Inv. č. 391 (pokrač.)
          Úmrtia 1883-1885 –
          Manželstvá 1852-1885 –

          Inv. č. 392
          Krsty 1879-1896 –
          Úmrtia 1886-1896 –
          Manželstvá 1886-1896 –

          Inv. č. 393
          Druhopisy krstov, uzavretých manželstiev, úmrtí 1861-1895 -

          The church record for GGF may be on page 547/727
          https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34151-45?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FV2:2065591440

          Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Roman Catholic (Rímsko-katolícká cirkev)SabinovJarovniceBaptisms (Krsty) 1750-177...Deaths (Úmrtia) 1852-1883 Image 547 of 727
        • Bette
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
            Thanks Peter,
            You were very thorough in answers. I appreciate your taking the time to explain why also. I don't know much about R. C. religion or any other religions as I grew up in Utah in the 1950's and the LDS church (Mormon) was the predominant religion then.
            I will check out #2 to find NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK' mother's maiden name which will be helpful.
            In # 3, all 5 children, I found birth records for had listed as their parents: Triscsik,
            Nejtusz & Ondercso, Anna, Jernye 68. All 5 children had the same godparents also: Kiovfzky, György and Adamcso, Juliana.
            Bette

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, htcstech wrote:

> [...]
            > >
            > > Netusz Triscsik was married 3 X's and Anna Ondercso was his 2nd
            > > wife. His 1st and 3rd wives were both named Erzsebet (see #'s 2 &
            > > 7 ) and he had a daughter named Erzsebet Triscsik, bd 15 Nov, 1876.
            > >
            > > (I am searching to confirm that she is Elizabeth (Lizzie) Trescik Turak
            > > who lived in PA and Iowa near Ferencz Triscsik (Frank Trisik)in 1905
            > > -1917.)
            > >
            > > Entry #15
            > >
            > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc=\
            > > M99C-FVL:n1550137223
            > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc\
            > > =M99C-FVL:n1550137223
            > > >

            > > 7.Marriage 2 June 1890, Triscsik, Nejt age 37 (BD 1853?) Jernye 68 and
            > >
            > > Novodnj, ERZSEBET ,Age 24, (BD 1865?) Mocidolany 14 Parents: Janus
            > > Novodnj and Erzsebet S???? Can't read mom's maiden name
            > >
            > > Witnesses Trisco , Janus and Triscsik, Mikaly

          • christine mackara
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
              Hi Bette,

              I probably can not give you much help, but the name Merecziczki caught my eye and I just had to write to you.
              Several years ago I was searching in Jernye/ Jarovnice for Makara. They are however very, very distant cousins. Our Makara family probably came from neighboring Peklin/ Uzovske Peklany and I did, what they call a Cluster Search. You will probably have come across the name already.

              Here are two good websites for help with village names

              http://www.cisarik.com/0_former_Saros_Saris_county.html

              This the website of Juraj Cisarik, for wich I am ever grateful
              This is a very helpful website for me. i can check the spelling of a placename and get information about the village.
              Find your village name, for instance Modcidlany, and click on it and you get, see below

              http://www.cisarik.com/0_Mocidlany_Sabinov_PV_Saros_Saris.html

              You know about Bill Tarkulich's site ? An invaluable site for so many things. Thank you Bill Tarkulich
              http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/toolbox.htm

              If I can be of any help, write to me at christine1931@...

              Christine

            • Bette Triscik
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
                Thanks,
                John that is house #68 and the spelling of the surnames are close. In Jernye #
                65 there are 4 Triscsik's listed and #65 was once listed as the home
                of NEIJTUSZ TRISCSIK and Anna Ondercso on the baptism record of their daughter,
                Erzebet, 15 Nov, 1876. Image, Entry 44

                https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83450-25?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FVL:n1550137223

                Maybe both houses were homes of my family with siblings/ cousins/etc/
                I'll get more info but keep these facts.
                Bette

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 16, 2013
                  I am glad that you are making significant progress.

                  Come back with outstanding questions or issues as we may lost track.