More help for Triscsik, Ondercso in areas of Sabinov, Jarovnice

  • Bette
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
      On Jan, 26, 2013, I joined Slovak-Roots, and you folks from S-R found
      the baptism record of my paternal grandfather, FERENCZ TRISCSIK (FRANK
      TRISCIK) Sabinov , Jarovnice

      Because of that fantastic find, I now have found about 15 other
      birth/baptism, marriage and death records of at least 8 members of my
      family. I am new to the group and have some questions re: translations,
      name/word spellings & interpretation about specific records. Most of my
      questions are to re-assure me that I am on the right track and reading
      records correctly because this is the first time I have read genealogy
      records in another language & sometimes the penmanship's is illegible..

      Below are 7 records that I have questions about and would appreciate it
      if someone could review, correct my spelling and translation errors and
      add anymore info I did not see so I can verify the relationships to my
      grandfather. # 6 is the most confusing so feedback would be welcomed.

      I know that 7 entries are a lot, but giving me help on whatever you can
      would be great. I thought maybe having these all at once would give a
      more complete picture of what I have found so far.

      One more thing...I would also like some help in finding the birth/ death
      record of NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK, my great grandfather, but cannot find it
      yet. I believe he was born between 1850-1853, because he married his
      1st wife in 1874 when he was 24, his 2nd wife in 1876 when he was 25 and
      his 3rd wife in 1890 he was 37. I am looking through the records in
      Sabinov , Jarovnice because all his records but 1 or 2 list Jernye 68 as
      his address. I've gone through most of the records in that area for
      1850-51but cannot find 1852.

      Thanks again for any help you can give me. I am learning a lot, and
      reading all the posts and discovering such interesting things about my
      Slovak ancestors. It's wonderful to have such a supportive group.

      Bette

      1. FERENCZ TRISCSIK Birth: 01 Oct 1879 male Parents: Triscsik,
      Nejtusz & Ondercso, Anna, Jernye 68,

      Godparents: Vuoivjzki ??, György and Adamcso, Juliana ? How do you
      spell György's last name?

      Entry #33 at

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83550-12?cc=1554443&wc=\
      M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223
      <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83550-12?cc=1554443&wc\
      =M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223>

      2. NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK age 24, Jernye 68, married on Oct. 26 1874 to
      ERZSEBET MERECZICZKI age 22 Jernye 10 (before he married Ferencz's
      mother Anna Ondercso).

      ?Are his parents named Gyorgy Triscsik and Marianah with no maiden name
      given?

      ?Are her parents Andras MERECZICZKI & Marianah with no maiden name
      given?

      ? Is Marianah a Catholic confirmation name given to a lot of women at
      that time?

      Entry #12 at

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-84070-19?cc=1554443&wc=\
      M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223
      <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-84070-19?cc=1554443&wc\
      =M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223>

      3. DEATH of ERZSEBET TRISCSIK, Neje (wife of) Triscsik, Nejtus Jernye
      10 ,age 23, Cause of death: maternity, giving birth ("Veteles"
      is miscarriage in Hungarian ) March 30, 1875, buried April 1 in Mocsolya

      If my translation is correct, Erzsebet died giving birth to a child.
      I've looked in baptisms / deaths on, before and after her DOD and
      couldn't find baptism or death records for a child born to Erzsebet
      and Nejtus Triscsik. If the baby died without being baptized, maybe
      that is why there is no baptism record, but you would think there would
      be a death record. They had been married 5 months maybe it was
      miscarriage???

      Entry #8 at

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34609-56?cc=1554443&w\
      c=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
      <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34609-56?cc=1554443&\
      wc=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440>

      4.ANNA ONDERCSO, Birth: 7 May 1856, parents Joames c and Maria Lukacs
      both r.c. Mocsolya #1,

      Godparents: Andreas Lukacs & Elisaberta? Sp??Haresar Harescr

      Entry # 20

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-35762-36?cc=1554443&w\
      c=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440
      <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-35762-36?cc=1554443&\
      wc=M9MJ-TS9:2065591440>

      5 . NEIJTUSZ TRISCSIK married on 28 Feb 1876, (BD 1851?)TRISCSIK
      NEIJTUSZ , age 25, BD 1851 (Jernye 68 and ANNA ONDERCSO, age 20, (BD
      1856) Daughter of Janos and Marian Ondercso, Mocidolany 35 . Witnesses,
      Jakabesin, Janos and T?rovaly, Matyas. Parents of Nejtus Triscsik not
      listed because this is his 2nd marriage. He is listed as
      "orvegy"or widower.

      In the second to the last column, does it say that this is his 2nd
      marriage?

      Entry # 2 at

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-84005-96?cc=1554443&wc=\
      M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223
      <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-84005-96?cc=1554443&wc\
      =M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223>

      6. Death 27 April 1890, ONDERCSO ERZSEBET,--TRISCSIK, NEJT , Neje (wife
      of) Cause: Jaundice, age 35 Jernye 68 The mother of my grandfather,
      Nejtus Triscsik, and his 4 siblings, was listed as Anna Ondercso, not
      Erzsébet Ondercso, wife of Netusz Triscsik . Her age of 35 is right
      for her bd of May 7, 1856) Was she Anna Erzsebet Ondercso or just an
      error by the scribe?

      Netusz Triscsik was married 3 X's and Anna Ondercso was his 2nd
      wife. His 1st and 3rd wives were both named Erzsebet (see #'s 2 &
      7 ) and he had a daughter named Erzsebet Triscsik, bd 15 Nov, 1876.

      (I am searching to confirm that she is Elizabeth (Lizzie) Trescik Turak
      who lived in PA and Iowa near Ferencz Triscsik (Frank Trisik)in 1905
      -1917.)

      Entry #15

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc=\
      M99C-FVL:n1550137223
      <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc\
      =M99C-FVL:n1550137223>

      7.Marriage 2 June 1890, Triscsik, Nejt age 37 (BD 1853?) Jernye 68 and

      Novodnj, ERZSEBET ,Age 24, (BD 1865?) Mocidolany 14 Parents: Janus
      Novodnj and Erzsebet S???? Can't read mom's maiden name

      Witnesses Trisco , Janus and Triscsik, Mikaly

      Entry # 4

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83516-14?cc=1554443&wc=\
      M99C-FVL:n1550137223
      <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83516-14?cc=1554443&wc\
      =M99C-FVL:n1550137223>

    • lrrykck
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
        Bette

         Gregory's last name looks like Kiovszki.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
          "Godparents: Vuoivjzki ??, György and Adamcso, Juliana ? How do you
          spell György's last name?

          1: Entry #33 at

          https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83550-12?cc=1554443&wc=\
          M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223<https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83550-12?cc=1554443&wc=M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223>
          https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83550-12?cc=1554443&wc\
          =M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223<https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83550-12?cc=1554443&wc=M9MJ-TSS:n1550137223>
          >"

          1. Gyorgy KIOVFZKY is what it looks like, though I would think it is
          KIOVSZKY.
          2. It's (Maria) nak fia - meaning 'it's their son' There is no maiden name
          and you should search out this marriage to find that out.
          - The full name of the father is Triscsik Gyorgy by implication.
          - again, the word is 'nak' meaning of and not Marianah.
          The whole entry is:
          Trescsik Nejtus
          Gyorgy (servant) and Maria's son
          ---
          Merecziczki Erzebet
          Andras (servant) and Maria's daughter
          In the entry below, you can see the whole spelling of Marianak. The 'nak'
          pronounced 'knock' is a suffix ending and is a possessive case that
          includes the father.

          The name Maria was a very common name but you are incorrect to say that it
          is a confirmation name. It is her baptismal name. There are lots of
          different naming traditions depending somewhat on the time and location.
          It's pretty complicated, but one tradition is that the first born girl is
          given the name of the mother of the wife. This is truer the early you get,
          though nothing is set in stone. Similar naming traditions have helped me
          speculate that the unknown father of a very early ancestor was most
          probably Joannes, as the ancestor's first born was baptized as Joannes.
          This way you can make educated guesses on continuity. Nothing is set in
          stone though as (for example) I have found a few 'Maria Theresa' named
          after the Austrian Empress.

          3 - She dies during childbirth and did not get last rights - A midwife did
          have rights to baptise if there was one present (any Catholic has the
          right). If there is no death record for a baby then possibly the baby was
          not born. 'Kovetkezteben' doesn't give much of a clue as it means '(died)
          as a consequence of (giving birth)'. So it could have been a miscarriage if
          your dates are correct.

          4. HARCSAR

          5. No. It states the 2nd degree away from the bloodline of a
          brother-in-law. This is to make the marriage legal. Degrees of seperation
          as per R.C. policy.

          6. It's definitely Erzsebet - Nejtus neje as you say. She was not Anna and
          you better be careful to seperate any half-brothers/sisters from this union.

          7. The priest used the last column for parents. There are no parent written
          for Nejtus, but NOVOTIN(?) Erzsebet parents are NOVOTIN Janos ~ Janus and
          KUZMA(?) Anna - Very poor script.

          Somebody else confirm 5 please as I can't get a good translation for
          Folmentve - it could mean Felmentve (acquitted).

          Peter M.

        • John
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
            >>> I would also like some help in finding the birth/ death record of NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK, my great grandfather, but cannot find it yet. I believe he was born between 1850-1853, <<<

            You never mentioned the religion -- which is RC.

            The 1869 Hungarian Census for the family home is found at:
            https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28480-17987-99?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CW6:n406930707

            It provides useful information about seven members of the family.
          • John
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
              >>> I would also like some help in finding the birth/ death record of NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK, my great grandfather, but cannot find it yet. I believe he was born between 1850-1853, <<<

              The following list may help you to index the onlibe church records.
              Inv. č. 389
              Krsty 1750-1777 –
              Úmrtia 1760-1783 –
              Krsty 1777-1784 –
              Manželstvá 1750-1790 –
              Úmrtia 1750-1759, 1783-1793 –
              Manželstvá 1790-1793 –
              Krsty 1785-1793 –
              Manželstvá 1793 –

              Inv. č. 390
              Krsty 1794-1851 –
              Birmovaní 1836, 1805 –

              Inv. č. 391
              Krsty 1852-1878 – <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
              Úmrtia 1852-1883 -

              Inv. č. 391 (pokrač.)
              Úmrtia 1883-1885 –
              Manželstvá 1852-1885 –

              Inv. č. 392
              Krsty 1879-1896 –
              Úmrtia 1886-1896 –
              Manželstvá 1886-1896 –

              Inv. č. 393
              Druhopisy krstov, uzavretých manželstiev, úmrtí 1861-1895 -

              The church record for GGF may be on page 547/727
              https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12344-34151-45?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FV2:2065591440

              Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Roman Catholic (Rímsko-katolícká cirkev)SabinovJarovniceBaptisms (Krsty) 1750-177...Deaths (Úmrtia) 1852-1883 Image 547 of 727
            • Bette
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 13, 2013
                Thanks Peter,
                You were very thorough in answers. I appreciate your taking the time to explain why also. I don't know much about R. C. religion or any other religions as I grew up in Utah in the 1950's and the LDS church (Mormon) was the predominant religion then.
                I will check out #2 to find NEJTUSZ TRISCSIK' mother's maiden name which will be helpful.
                In # 3, all 5 children, I found birth records for had listed as their parents: Triscsik,
                Nejtusz & Ondercso, Anna, Jernye 68. All 5 children had the same godparents also: Kiovfzky, György and Adamcso, Juliana.
                Bette

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, htcstech wrote:

> [...]
                > >
                > > Netusz Triscsik was married 3 X's and Anna Ondercso was his 2nd
                > > wife. His 1st and 3rd wives were both named Erzsebet (see #'s 2 &
                > > 7 ) and he had a daughter named Erzsebet Triscsik, bd 15 Nov, 1876.
                > >
                > > (I am searching to confirm that she is Elizabeth (Lizzie) Trescik Turak
                > > who lived in PA and Iowa near Ferencz Triscsik (Frank Trisik)in 1905
                > > -1917.)
                > >
                > > Entry #15
                > >
                > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc=\
                > > M99C-FVL:n1550137223
                > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83365-15?cc=1554443&wc\
                > > =M99C-FVL:n1550137223
                > > >

                > > 7.Marriage 2 June 1890, Triscsik, Nejt age 37 (BD 1853?) Jernye 68 and
                > >
                > > Novodnj, ERZSEBET ,Age 24, (BD 1865?) Mocidolany 14 Parents: Janus
                > > Novodnj and Erzsebet S???? Can't read mom's maiden name
                > >
                > > Witnesses Trisco , Janus and Triscsik, Mikaly

              • christine mackara
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
                  Hi Bette,

                  I probably can not give you much help, but the name Merecziczki caught my eye and I just had to write to you.
                  Several years ago I was searching in Jernye/ Jarovnice for Makara. They are however very, very distant cousins. Our Makara family probably came from neighboring Peklin/ Uzovske Peklany and I did, what they call a Cluster Search. You will probably have come across the name already.

                  Here are two good websites for help with village names

                  http://www.cisarik.com/0_former_Saros_Saris_county.html

                  This the website of Juraj Cisarik, for wich I am ever grateful
                  This is a very helpful website for me. i can check the spelling of a placename and get information about the village.
                  Find your village name, for instance Modcidlany, and click on it and you get, see below

                  http://www.cisarik.com/0_Mocidlany_Sabinov_PV_Saros_Saris.html

                  You know about Bill Tarkulich's site ? An invaluable site for so many things. Thank you Bill Tarkulich
                  http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/toolbox.htm

                  If I can be of any help, write to me at christine1931@...

                  Christine

                • Bette Triscik
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
                    Thanks,
                    John that is house #68 and the spelling of the surnames are close. In Jernye #
                    65 there are 4 Triscsik's listed and #65 was once listed as the home
                    of NEIJTUSZ TRISCSIK and Anna Ondercso on the baptism record of their daughter,
                    Erzebet, 15 Nov, 1876. Image, Entry 44

                    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-18045-83450-25?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FVL:n1550137223

                    Maybe both houses were homes of my family with siblings/ cousins/etc/
                    I'll get more info but keep these facts.
                    Bette

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 16, 2013
                      I am glad that you are making significant progress.

                      Come back with outstanding questions or issues as we may lost track.