Re: [S-R] Latin translation on a birth record - help please

  • Julie Michutka
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 13 1:45 PM
      As others have pointed out, it appears to be a notation and date of his second marriage. The Latin reads, "Matrimonium iniit cum Genoveva [Nemicek?] nata [Melis?] 16 Dec [1943?]," translation: He married Genoveva Nemicek, maiden name (literally, "born") Melis, on 16 Dec 1943. "Nata" is referring to her birth name, not her birth date.

      ~ Julie Michutka
      jmm@...

      On Feb 9, 2013, at 11:49 PM, Judy wrote:

      > I need help translating a comment on a birth record at the link below:
      >
      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-14324-47616-89?cc=1554443&wc=M9MJ-RN4:n1966565021
      >
      > entry #58 for Joannes G - comment section
    • Judy
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 13 2:25 PM
        Thanks for your reply, Julie.