Re: [S-R] Genealogists

  • Sue Martin
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 2013
      No, you got it right. I mixed up Spisska Nova Ves and Spisska Stara Ves. Sorry about that!

      Sue

      From: Jan Ammann [mailto:janammann%40sbcglobal.net] _janammann@
      sbcglobal.net_ (mailto:[mailto:janammann%40sbcglobal.net] janammann@...) >
      To: "[mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com]
      [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com] [mailto:_SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com] _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:[mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com] SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
        I have been looking for the place and date of birth and marriage for my gg-grandmother - Anna Petrustsak.  I have viewed all of the films from all of the villages around  Presov, Levoca and Spisska Nova Ves areas with no luck. I have made several trips to the area and have come up blank.   I am ready to turn it over to a professional genealogist.

        Can anyone suggest a genealogist that they have used with success?  I have used Vladimir Flak but he has run out of ideas.  I have sent emails to Vladimir Bohinc twice requesting estimates but he does not reply.   Is there anyone else that does genealogical research in the Spis region that anyone can recommend?

        Bob Pollak

      • Wilma Blankenship
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
          Bob,

          I have a ancestor whose last name was Petruska (Maria) and she was married
          to a Juraj Michalcso from the village of Ruska Nova Ves. Could this be an
          ancestor for you?

          Wilma Blankenship

          I have been looking for the place and date of birth and marriage for my
          gg-grandmother - Anna Petrustsak. I have viewed all of the films from all
          of the villages around Presov, Levoca and Spisska Nova Ves areas with no
          luck. I have made several trips to the area and have come up blank. I am
          ready to turn it over to a professional genealogist.

          Can anyone suggest a genealogist that they have used with success? I have
          used Vladimir Flak but he has run out of ideas. I have sent emails to
          Vladimir Bohinc twice requesting estimates but he does not reply. Is there
          anyone else that does genealogical research in the Spis region that anyone
          can recommend?

          Bob Pollak

          No virus found in this message.

        • MGMojher
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
            Bob,
            The 1995 Slovak Census had no listing for Petrustsak nor did Cisarik’s database. Wilma’s Petruska spelling had 428 finds in the ‘95 census in 119 locations. The top 10 locations 154/428 are in orkes that pretty much link to one another; Spisska Nova Ves, Kosice, Michalovce, Humenne, Presov, and Bardjov.
            Michal Razus, http://www.slovak-ancestry.com/, is a genealogist located in Presov. I have used him and have been very pleased. In September I am using him as my guide/translator for my trip to Slovakia.

[...]

          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
              http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Petruscak/slovensko/