Re: [S-R] Genealogists

  • takukuk
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2 3:26 PM
      The Hungarian/Slovak/German city names plus all the name changes confuses
      the devil out of me, but I looked up Szepes-Ofalu and found this on WIKI:
      Szepesófalu ( _Slovak _ (http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szlov%c3%a1k_nyelv) Spisska
      Stara Ves , _German _ (http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%c3%a9met_nyelv) Altendorf ,
      _Polish _ (http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lengyel_nyelv) Spiska Stara Wies ,
      _Latin _ (http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_nyelv) Villa Antiqua) city _in
      Slovakia_ (http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szlov%c3%a1kia) in _Prešov Region _
      (http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eperjesi_ker%c3%bclet) _Késmárki gait_
      (http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%c3%a9sm%c3%a1rki_j%c3%a1r%c3%a1s) . Tarhegy included. _2,011_
      (http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011) in 2264 Slovakia had a population of 2,055 and is
      located north of POPRAD (Szepes-Szombat) and 50 miles from SNV or Iglo.

      Sue, did I get that wrong?

      In a message dated 2/2/2013 3:41:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      martin@... writes:

      Have you checked records of Szepes-Ofalu? I believe that's the earlier
      name of Spisska Nova Ves.

      Sue

      From: Jan Ammann [mailto:janammann%40sbcglobal.net] _janammann@
      sbcglobal.net_ (mailto:janammann@...) >
      To: "[mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com]
      _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) "
      [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com] _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2 5:01 PM
        No, you got it right. I mixed up Spisska Nova Ves and Spisska Stara Ves. Sorry about that!

        Sue

        Szepesófalu ( _Slovak _ ([http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szlov%5d http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szlov%c3%a1k_nyelv) Spisska
        Stara Ves , _German _ ([http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%5d http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%c3%a9met_nyelv) Altendorf ,
        _Polish _ ([http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lengyel_nyelv%5d http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lengyel_nyelv) Spiska Stara Wies ,
        _Latin _ ([http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_nyelv%5d http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_nyelv) Villa Antiqua) city _in
        Slovakia_ ([http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szlov%5d http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szlov%c3%a1kia) in _Prešov Region _
        ([http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eperjesi_ker%5d http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eperjesi_ker%c3%bclet) _Késmárki gait_
        ([http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%5d http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%c3%a9sm%c3%a1rki_j%c3%a1r%c3%a1s) . Tarhegy included. _2,011_
        ([http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%5d http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011) in 2264 Slovakia had a population of 2,055 and is

        ________________________________
        From: Jan Ammann [mailto:janammann%40sbcglobal.net] _janammann@
        sbcglobal.net_ (mailto:[mailto:janammann%40sbcglobal.net] janammann@...) >
        To: "[mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com]
        [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com] [mailto:_SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com] _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:[mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com] SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)

        [mailto:_rjp4053%40yahoo.com] _rjp4053@..._ (mailto:[mailto:rjp4053%40yahoo.com] rjp4053@...) > wrote:

        > I have given up trying to find information on my gg-grandmother. Can
        anyone suggest a good genealogist in the Spis region?

        > I know a lot about my gg-grandmother but I don't know where she was born
        or where she was married. After looking at films and visiting the area
        several times with no luck, I am ready to turn it over to a Pro.

        > Bob Pollak

      • Robert Pollak
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
          I have been looking for the place and date of birth and marriage for my gg-grandmother - Anna Petrustsak.  I have viewed all of the films from all of the villages around  Presov, Levoca and Spisska Nova Ves areas with no luck. I have made several trips to the area and have come up blank.   I am ready to turn it over to a professional genealogist.

          Can anyone suggest a genealogist that they have used with success?  I have used Vladimir Flak but he has run out of ideas.  I have sent emails to Vladimir Bohinc twice requesting estimates but he does not reply.   Is there anyone else that does genealogical research in the Spis region that anyone can recommend?

          Bob Pollak

        • Wilma Blankenship
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
            Bob,

            I have a ancestor whose last name was Petruska (Maria) and she was married
            to a Juraj Michalcso from the village of Ruska Nova Ves. Could this be an
            ancestor for you?

            Wilma Blankenship

            I have been looking for the place and date of birth and marriage for my
            gg-grandmother - Anna Petrustsak. I have viewed all of the films from all
            of the villages around Presov, Levoca and Spisska Nova Ves areas with no
            luck. I have made several trips to the area and have come up blank. I am
            ready to turn it over to a professional genealogist.

            Can anyone suggest a genealogist that they have used with success? I have
            used Vladimir Flak but he has run out of ideas. I have sent emails to
            Vladimir Bohinc twice requesting estimates but he does not reply. Is there
            anyone else that does genealogical research in the Spis region that anyone
            can recommend?

            Bob Pollak

            No virus found in this message.

          • MGMojher
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
              Bob,
              The 1995 Slovak Census had no listing for Petrustsak nor did Cisarik’s database. Wilma’s Petruska spelling had 428 finds in the ‘95 census in 119 locations. The top 10 locations 154/428 are in orkes that pretty much link to one another; Spisska Nova Ves, Kosice, Michalovce, Humenne, Presov, and Bardjov.
              Michal Razus, http://www.slovak-ancestry.com/, is a genealogist located in Presov. I have used him and have been very pleased. In September I am using him as my guide/translator for my trip to Slovakia.

[...]

            • William C. Wormuth
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
                http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Petruscak/slovensko/