Re: House Keeping - Files and Photos Ceanup

  • genmom4
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
      I deleted a folder that I had uploaded that contained 3 picture files. It's all that I could find on the page that I had uploaded. Hope this helps a bit.
      Barbara

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q." wrote:

      > Dear All,
      >
      > It is time to clean up the "Files" section of this group. We are at 95% of our capacity.
      >
      > The "Files" section is the most bloated. While the "Photos" section is nice for general pictures, most of us have loaded jpg, tiff, etc. to the Files section because it will store a much larger file than the Photo section that provides the detail necessary to interpret old records.
      >
      > The file sizes vary from a few hundred KB to over 5 MB.
      >
      > We are asking all members to remove the old files they have posted after the thread (Subject) has been answered or gone dead.
      >
      > There are many useful files on the site such as maps, general genealogy guidance, etc. However, there many one-time use "personal" files posted regarding requests for help with your family searching.
      >
      > The moderators will look at the oldest files and if they are from someone who is no longer a member and the file is not of general interest, it will be removed.
      >
      > It is not necessary for you to continue going to the S-R site to view files that may be of interest to you. You can download and save them to your own computer.
      >
      > We will monitor the progress and cooperation with this request and after a few weeks, we will begin to delete files we feel are out dated and not of general interest.
      >
      > Please contact us personally regarding your concerns or requests to keep certain files open.
      >
      > Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
      >
      > Best wishes.
      >
      > Your Moderators,
      >
      > Carl K.
      > Joe Q.
      > Ron M.

    • Carl
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
        Thanks to everyone helping us clean up our folders. As we go about it, there is no need to inform us about things you remove. We do appreciate everyone's assistance in this matter.
        CK