Re: HNATYO Surname

  • patskanovo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 19, 2013
      Curt,

      Yes I saw the ancestry post...Her name was Anna Ihnatyo and I was way off locating her village.....turns out she was from Fagyalos or more recently Medvedivtsi, Zakarpats'ka oblast.

      The Anna Huat you mention from "Orlo" came on the Pretoria in 1904.

      Thanks,

      Dennis

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "CurtB" wrote:

      > Someone has posted a genealogy of her on Ancestry.com with photos of her, her husband George Szvida and children, and claim her arrival was in New York aboard the Barbarosssa from port of Bremen May 20 1903 at her age of 16. The ship register lists her name as Anna Hnat, but the indexer read it as Huat, so check the indexes both ways.
      >
      > Curt B.
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" wrote:
      > >
      > > I am having much difficulty with this surname. "HNATYO "
      > >
      > > Can anyone help with an allternate spelling or suggestion?
      > >
      > > George "Gyorgi" Szvida b. 23 Dec 1883 in Patskan'ovo, d. 13 Dec 1944 Detroit, MI
      > > -arrived 26 May 1900 on SS Furst Bismarck
      > > married: 11 Jul 1903 St. Elias Greek Catholic Church, Brooklyn, New York
      > >
      > > Anna Hnatyo b. 07 Oct 1886 Medvedevce (sp?), Czechoslovakia, d. 29 Mar 1931 Detroit, MI
      > > -don't have any arrival info for her. According to 1910 Census, she arrived in 1902
      > > 6 Children:
      > >

      > > Medvedevce could possibly be, Medvedzie (Current county: Zilina)

    • patskanovo
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 19, 2013
        Tom,

        I am actually in contact with the poster @ ancestry and parts of this tree are in error....The George Szvida mentioned was from my village of interest...(Patskanovo)