[S-R] Re: Translation Help

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 75 , Jan 18, 2013
      Correct, the village place is left blank. It just gives place of birth as Saris county, in the territory of Uhorska (Hungary).

      Curt B.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Sandra & John Panzitta wrote:

      > So this document only narrows Andrew's place of birth to Saros county?
      >

      > On Jan 18, 2013, at 11:33 PM, MGMojher wrote:
      >
      > > v akom politickom spojení stojí krajina uhorská, aký národ sú Maďari, pokladajúc ich alebo za Turkov alebo za Slovanov, čím i my ...
      > >
      > > krajina uhorská, = Hungarian landscape
      > >
      > > In the early 20th century, the subdivisions of Sáros county were:
      > >
      > > Districts (járás)
      > > District Capital
      > > Bártfa Bártfa, SK Bardejov
      > > Eperjes Eperjes, SK Prešov
      > > FelsÅ`vízköz FelsÅ`vízköz, SK Svidník
      > > Girált Girált, SK Giraltovce
      > > Héthárs Héthárs, SK Lipany
      > > Kisszeben Kisszeben, SK Sabinov
      > > Lemes Lemes, SK Lemešany

    • Armata, Joseph R
      Message 75 of 75 , Aug 13
        The first part of the note is in Latin, and says there were twins, but the girl was stillborn. The last part is in Hungarian (jarasbirosag? and nyomores?).

        Joe