Need help deciphering an 'occupation'.

  • Robert Pollak
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2013
          I have a copy of my great-grandmother's death certificate from Spisska Nova Ves dated  May 27, 1900.

      The document is in Hungarian.   I cannot decipher her occupation ( allasa (foglalkozasa)).  It looks like it may be  lokepenzes but using Google Translate it is not recognized as anything.   Any help would be appreciated.     The copy of the document is attached.

      Bob Pollak

    • Robert Pollak
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 19, 2013
        I am sending my original note again because on the copy I received back, I didn't see the attachment.  Hope this one is OK.

        Bob Pollak

        ________________________________
            I have a copy of my great-grandmother's death certificate from Spisska Nova Ves dated  May 27, 1900.

        The document is in Hungarian.   I cannot decipher her occupation ( allasa (foglalkozasa)).  It looks like it may be  lokepenzes but using Google Translate it is not recognized as anything.   Any help would be appreciated.     The copy of the document is attached.

        Bob Pollak

      • Nick
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 19, 2013
          >Bob, I don't think your attachment will work. You will have to post
          >it as a file on the group web page.

          Regards
          Nick
        • htcstech
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 19, 2013
            Hello Bob,

            Unfortunately, attachments are not allowed with this group. The only way
            you can do this is to provide a link, upload it as a file to the SR group
            via Yahoo, or attach it to an email directly to a group member.
            As I can read Hungarian to some degree, I can give it a go, so you can send
            a copy to htcstech@...
            I can upload the file for you.
            Others might be interested too.

            Regards