Re: [S-R] Re: HNATYO Surname

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
      Orlov SL/PV šariš. po 1873 pričl. o. Andrejovka.
      1773 Orló, Orlow, 1786 Orló, 1808 Orló, Orlow, Orluw, 1863–1913 Orló, 1920– Orlov

      V obci ORLOV (okr. STARÁ ĽUBOVŇA) sa v roku 1995 nachádzali najčastejšie tieto priezviská: HNATOVÁ 14×; HNAT 11×
      Hnat, Anna Orlyo 16 1887 1903

      This is the citation that CurtB mentioned. I think Orlyo is Orlov. I know the village, my paternal grandmother was born there, ŠČERBÁKOVÁ 18

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 19, 2013
        Curt,

        Yes I saw the ancestry post...Her name was Anna Ihnatyo and I was way off locating her village.....turns out she was from Fagyalos or more recently Medvedivtsi, Zakarpats'ka oblast.

        The Anna Huat you mention from "Orlo" came on the Pretoria in 1904.

        Thanks,

        Dennis

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 19, 2013
          Tom,