Re: [S-R] Re: Translation Help

  • Sandra & John Panzitta
    Message 1 of 75 , Jan 18, 2013
      Unfortunately that image was printed from a negative film microfilm. The image appears just as my hard copy. I was hoping it would be Vlaca, but even squinting, I don't see it.

      On Jan 18, 2013, at 3:54 PM, John wrote:

      > Is there any way that you can sharpen up the focus?
      >
      > None of the letters extend below the line. That suggests a village name like Lucska, as an example.
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "mygraytommy" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Group!
      > >
      > > I added a page to the photos section. It is from the Pennsylvania Slovak Roman and Greek Catholic Union insurance files of Andrew GACA.
      > >
      > > In section 5, I cannot make out the word written by "krajina". I thought maybe it was a village in Saros, but I didn't find any close matches. I also didn't find any matching words in dictionaries.
      > >
      > > Thank you in advance for your help!
      > > Sandra Panzitta

    • Armata, Joseph R
      Message 75 of 75 , Aug 13
        The first part of the note is in Latin, and says there were twins, but the girl was stillborn. The last part is in Hungarian (jarasbirosag? and nyomores?).

        Joe