Re: [S-R] HNATYO Surname

  • patskanovo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
      Thank you kindly...the search continues.

      Dennis

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "MGMojher" wrote:

      > Medvedie SK/PV šariš.
      > 1773 Medvecza, 1786 Medwecza, 1808 Medvecza, Medwědica, 1863â€"1882 Medvedzse, 1888â€"1902 Medvedze, 1907â€"1913 Kismedvés, 1920 Medvedze, Medbedze, 1927â€"1973 Medvedzie, 1973â€" Medvedie
      >
      > Tvrdošín TS/ZI orav. 1968 pričl. o. Medvedzie; 1974 pričl. o. Krásna Hôrka.
      > 1773 Tordossin, Twrdossin, 1786 Turdoschin, 1808 Tverdossin, Turdossín, 1863 Thurdossin, 1873â€"1913 Turdossin, 1920â€" Tvrdošín
      > Medvedzie: 1773 Medvedze, Medwedze, 1786 Medwecze, 1808 Medvedcze, Medwedzie, 1863â€"1873 Medvedce, 1877â€"1913 Medvedze, 1920 Medvedze, Medvedzie, 1927â€"1968 Medvedzie
      >
      > Your orkes Zilina Medvedzie has been incorporated into the town of Tvrdosin.
      > There is another in orkes Svidnik, prior Hungarian county of Saris.

    • lrrykck
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
        The name Hnat is in Gbely.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
          Someone has posted a genealogy of her on Ancestry.com with photos of her, her husband George Szvida and children, and claim her arrival was in New York aboard the Barbarosssa from port of Bremen May 20 1903 at her age of 16. The ship register lists her name as Anna Hnat, but the indexer read it as Huat, so check the indexes both ways.

          Curt B.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" wrote:

          > I am having much difficulty with this surname. "HNATYO "
          >
          > Can anyone help with an allternate spelling or suggestion?
          >
          > George "Gyorgi" Szvida b. 23 Dec 1883 in Patskan'ovo, d. 13 Dec 1944 Detroit, MI
          > -arrived 26 May 1900 on SS Furst Bismarck
          > married: 11 Jul 1903 St. Elias Greek Catholic Church, Brooklyn, New York
          >
          > Anna Hnatyo b. 07 Oct 1886 Medvedevce (sp?), Czechoslovakia, d. 29 Mar 1931 Detroit, MI
          > -don't have any arrival info for her. According to 1910 Census, she arrived in 1902
          > 6 Children:
          >

          > Medvedevce could possibly be, Medvedzie (Current county: Zilina)

        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
            Also Broske and recently from Brodske now in Skalica

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
              In the 1995 Slovak Census Hnat has 169 listings in 52 locations. And Hnat with an accent (‘) above the “a” had 230 listings in 58 locations.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
                Dennis,

                Are you finding that spelling with the yo ending in some record? That tree mentioned on ancestry doesn't show any evidence, yet it lists her parents names, too.

                TOM

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
                  Orlov SL/PV šariš. po 1873 pričl. o. Andrejovka.
                  1773 Orló, Orlow, 1786 Orló, 1808 Orló, Orlow, Orluw, 1863–1913 Orló, 1920– Orlov

                  V obci ORLOV (okr. STARÁ ĽUBOVŇA) sa v roku 1995 nachádzali najčastejšie tieto priezviská: HNATOVÁ 14×; HNAT 11×
                  Hnat, Anna Orlyo 16 1887 1903

                  This is the citation that CurtB mentioned. I think Orlyo is Orlov. I know the village, my paternal grandmother was born there, ŠČERBÁKOVÁ 18

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 19, 2013
                    Curt,

                    Yes I saw the ancestry post...Her name was Anna Ihnatyo and I was way off locating her village.....turns out she was from Fagyalos or more recently Medvedivtsi, Zakarpats'ka oblast.

                    The Anna Huat you mention from "Orlo" came on the Pretoria in 1904.

                    Thanks,

                    Dennis

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 19, 2013
                      Tom,