RE: [S-R] Re: Translation Help for word on a marriage record

  • Armata, Joseph R
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 18, 2013
      It wasn't all that unusual for a village or group of villages to specialize in some craft, not just in Slovakia but in other neighboring areas too. Sometimes the craft might be very specialized. A village or area might be well known for making flour sifting bags for mills, cane reeds for looms, certain types of furniture, etc. Apparently this village specialized in nails.

      Joe