Re: From the listowner

  • MRSMUMMER@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 14, 1999
      Dear Listowner:
      My thougts and prayers are with you .. Hoping for your continued
      improvment..
      Regards, Irene Lawson
    • Sunsitter@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 14, 1999
        Here's to your speedy recovery!...............Audrey
      • JArcher360@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 14, 1999
          Hope you get to feeling better and can return to school on time. Caroline
        • sabinov@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2000
            Addressing recent concerns....

            First of all, I don't know what is meant by "stopping the
            advertisements". It's been discussed on the list before that egroups is
            a free service and as such puts tagline ads on messages which I can do
            nothing about.

            If you meant the discussion about CD roms, I don't consider that an
            advertisement, any more than I do when people refer others to a book or
            to the archives. It's sharing information.

            I asked last night that people take the discussion on the Mormon records
            privately as I felt it -might- turn into something negative. Remember,
            this started with a question on "restricted" vs. "not for extraction".
            Answering that question is part of sharing information, which is what we
            are here for. I doubt you'll find another list for this geographic area
            more on-topic and less "off topic" than this one, but if you don't like
            how this list is set up or what goes on, there may be other lists better
            suited to your needs.

            Certain topics (including religion and politics) get people riled up. We
            usually try and avoid these subjects, but sometimes things do have to be
            addressed. Many people don't understand what the IGI is or what it
            means. Explaining it and understanding it is part of basic genealogy
            research. We are all entitled to our own opinions on the other aspects
            of this issue, and if you wish to share them privately fine, but please
            keep that aspect off the list.

            Thank you for your cooperation.....

            Maura

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 30, 2000
              You may have noticed that the ads which were previously at the bottom of
              messages are now at the -top- of each message. This is a new policy of
              egroups, and is not one which I can do anything about. Personally, I'm
              not thrilled about it, but again, it's not under my control.

              Altogether, I believe egroups to be a good service, and it is free after
              all, so the ads are how they support being able to host all these lists.
              Even Rootsweb is now putting ads on all new lists, so ads on mailing
              lists are a fact of life now on the internet.

              I just wanted to explain what is going on as I'm sure some of you would
              wonder.

              Maura