Re: New Moderator was [S-R] Additional Moderator for Slovak-Roots

  • patskanovo
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
      Belated welcome Carl!

      I would also like to thank the moderators,contributors and members of this wonderful group who have enlightened me throughout the years....oh boy, was I ever green when I joined!

      Thanks,
      Dennis

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" wrote:

      > Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
      > CK
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
      > >
      > > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
      > >
      > > Debbie
      > >

      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Folks,
      > > >
      > > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
      > > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.� We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
      > > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.� We choose
      > > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
      > > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
      > > >
      > > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
      > > >
      > > > This
      > > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
      > > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
      > > > vanished.
      > > >
      > > > Ron Matviyak
      > > > Joe Quashnock
      > > > Moderators

    • Patricia Nazzaro
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
          Steve

           I thought your using the word "glory" was clever;....

          Slav meaning glorious.

          So.....spam could also mean...Slavic Pursuit of Additional Moderator.