Re: New Moderator was [S-R] Additional Moderator for Slovak-Roots

  • Steve Otruba
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
      I guess it was a lost attempt at a joke since part of the description in
      the email was "...join us and is moderating activity and
      spam along with Ron and I"

      SteveO

    • patskanovo
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
        Belated welcome Carl!

        I would also like to thank the moderators,contributors and members of this wonderful group who have enlightened me throughout the years....oh boy, was I ever green when I joined!

        Thanks,
        Dennis

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" wrote:

        > Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
        > CK
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
        > >
        > > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
        > >
        > > Debbie
        > >

        > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Folks,
        > > >
        > > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
        > > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.� We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
        > > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.� We choose
        > > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
        > > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
        > > >
        > > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
        > > >
        > > > This
        > > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
        > > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
        > > > vanished.
        > > >
        > > > Ron Matviyak
        > > > Joe Quashnock
        > > > Moderators

      • Patricia Nazzaro
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
            Steve

             I thought your using the word "glory" was clever;....

            Slav meaning glorious.

            So.....spam could also mean...Slavic Pursuit of Additional Moderator.