Re: New Moderator was [S-R] Additional Moderator for Slovak-Roots

  • Nancy Gibbs
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
      Welcome Carl.  This group has been a great help to my research.  The moderators do a great job.

    • Steve Otruba
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
        I guess it was a lost attempt at a joke since part of the description in
        the email was "...join us and is moderating activity and
        spam along with Ron and I"

        SteveO

      • patskanovo
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
          Belated welcome Carl!

          I would also like to thank the moderators,contributors and members of this wonderful group who have enlightened me throughout the years....oh boy, was I ever green when I joined!

          Thanks,
          Dennis

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" wrote:

          > Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
          > CK
          >
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
          > >
          > > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
          > >
          > > Debbie
          > >

          > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Folks,
          > > >
          > > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
          > > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.� We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
          > > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.� We choose
          > > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
          > > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
          > > >
          > > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
          > > >
          > > > This
          > > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
          > > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
          > > > vanished.
          > > >
          > > > Ron Matviyak
          > > > Joe Quashnock
          > > > Moderators

        • Patricia Nazzaro
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
              Steve

               I thought your using the word "glory" was clever;....

              Slav meaning glorious.

              So.....spam could also mean...Slavic Pursuit of Additional Moderator.