RE: New Moderator was [S-R] Additional Moderator for Slovak-Roots

  • Julie & Kevin
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
      I delete them as well. It looks like spam >>>

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
        Welcome Carl.  This group has been a great help to my research.  The moderators do a great job.

      • Steve Otruba
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
          I guess it was a lost attempt at a joke since part of the description in
          the email was "...join us and is moderating activity and
          spam along with Ron and I"

          SteveO

        • patskanovo
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
            Belated welcome Carl!

            I would also like to thank the moderators,contributors and members of this wonderful group who have enlightened me throughout the years....oh boy, was I ever green when I joined!

            Thanks,
            Dennis

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" wrote:

            > Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
            > CK
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:
            > >
            > > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
            > >
            > > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
            > >
            > > Debbie
            > >

            > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Folks,
            > > >
            > > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
            > > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.� We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
            > > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.� We choose
            > > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
            > > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
            > > >
            > > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
            > > >
            > > > This
            > > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
            > > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
            > > > vanished.
            > > >
            > > > Ron Matviyak
            > > > Joe Quashnock
            > > > Moderators

          • Patricia Nazzaro
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013

            • lkocik@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                Steve

                 I thought your using the word "glory" was clever;....

                Slav meaning glorious.

                So.....spam could also mean...Slavic Pursuit of Additional Moderator.