Re: New Moderator was [S-R] Additional Moderator for Slovak-Roots

  • Carl
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
      Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
      CK

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:

      > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
      >
      > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
      >
      > Debbie
      >

      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
      > >
      > > Folks,
      > >
      > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
      > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.  We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
      > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.  We choose
      > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
      > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
      > >
      > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
      > >
      > > This
      > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
      > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
      > > vanished.
      > >
      > > Ron Matviyak
      > > Joe Quashnock
      > > Moderators

    • Julie & Kevin
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
        I delete them as well. It looks like spam >>>

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
          Welcome Carl.  This group has been a great help to my research.  The moderators do a great job.

        • Steve Otruba
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
            I guess it was a lost attempt at a joke since part of the description in
            the email was "...join us and is moderating activity and
            spam along with Ron and I"

            SteveO

          • patskanovo
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
              Belated welcome Carl!

              I would also like to thank the moderators,contributors and members of this wonderful group who have enlightened me throughout the years....oh boy, was I ever green when I joined!

              Thanks,
              Dennis

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" wrote:

              > Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
              > CK
              >
              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:
              > >
              > > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
              > >
              > > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
              > >
              > > Debbie
              > >

              > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Folks,
              > > >
              > > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
              > > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.� We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
              > > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.� We choose
              > > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
              > > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
              > > >
              > > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
              > > >
              > > > This
              > > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
              > > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
              > > > vanished.
              > > >
              > > > Ron Matviyak
              > > > Joe Quashnock
              > > > Moderators

            • Patricia Nazzaro
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013

              • lkocik@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                  Steve

                   I thought your using the word "glory" was clever;....

                  Slav meaning glorious.

                  So.....spam could also mean...Slavic Pursuit of Additional Moderator.