Re: New Moderator was [S-R] Additional Moderator for Slovak-Roots

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
      >Great job moderators. Only thing that concerns me is posted links
      >with no explanation of what they are about. My view is they are
      >potentially dangerous and i just delete them.

      Regards
      Nick
    • Carl
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
        Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
        CK

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:

        > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
        >
        > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
        >
        > Debbie
        >

        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
        > >
        > > Folks,
        > >
        > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
        > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.  We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
        > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.  We choose
        > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
        > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
        > >
        > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
        > >
        > > This
        > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
        > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
        > > vanished.
        > >
        > > Ron Matviyak
        > > Joe Quashnock
        > > Moderators

      • Julie & Kevin
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
          I delete them as well. It looks like spam >>>

          >Great job moderators. Only thing that concerns me is posted links
          >with no explanation of what they are about. My view is they are
          >potentially dangerous and i just delete them.

          Regards
          Nick

        • Nancy Gibbs
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
            Welcome Carl.  This group has been a great help to my research.  The moderators do a great job.

          • Steve Otruba
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
              I guess it was a lost attempt at a joke since part of the description in
              the email was "...join us and is moderating activity and
              spam along with Ron and I"

              SteveO

            • patskanovo
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                Belated welcome Carl!

                I would also like to thank the moderators,contributors and members of this wonderful group who have enlightened me throughout the years....oh boy, was I ever green when I joined!

                Thanks,
                Dennis

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" wrote:

                > Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
                > CK
                >
                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:
                > >
                > > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
                > >
                > > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
                > >
                > > Debbie
                > >

                > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Folks,
                > > >
                > > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
                > > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.� We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
                > > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.� We choose
                > > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
                > > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
                > > >
                > > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
                > > >
                > > > This
                > > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
                > > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
                > > > vanished.
                > > >
                > > > Ron Matviyak
                > > > Joe Quashnock
                > > > Moderators

              • Patricia Nazzaro
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013

                • lkocik@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                    Steve

                     I thought your using the word "glory" was clever;....

                    Slav meaning glorious.

                    So.....spam could also mean...Slavic Pursuit of Additional Moderator.