Re: New Moderator was [S-R] Additional Moderator for Slovak-Roots

  • deeellessbee
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
      Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.

      Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.

      Debbie

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:

      > Folks,
      >
      > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
      > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.  We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
      > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.  We choose
      > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
      > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
      >
      > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
      >
      > This
      > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
      > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
      > vanished.
      >
      > Ron Matviyak
      > Joe Quashnock
      > Moderators

    • Nick
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
        >Great job moderators. Only thing that concerns me is posted links
        >with no explanation of what they are about. My view is they are
        >potentially dangerous and i just delete them.

        Regards
        Nick
      • Carl
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
          Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
          CK

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:

          > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
          >
          > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
          >
          > Debbie
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
          > >
          > > Folks,
          > >
          > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
          > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.  We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
          > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.  We choose
          > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
          > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
          > >
          > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
          > >
          > > This
          > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
          > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
          > > vanished.
          > >
          > > Ron Matviyak
          > > Joe Quashnock
          > > Moderators

        • Julie & Kevin
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
            I delete them as well. It looks like spam >>>

            >Great job moderators. Only thing that concerns me is posted links
            >with no explanation of what they are about. My view is they are
            >potentially dangerous and i just delete them.

            Regards
            Nick

          • Nancy Gibbs
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
              Welcome Carl.  This group has been a great help to my research.  The moderators do a great job.

            • Steve Otruba
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                I guess it was a lost attempt at a joke since part of the description in
                the email was "...join us and is moderating activity and
                spam along with Ron and I"

                SteveO

              • patskanovo
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                  Belated welcome Carl!

                  I would also like to thank the moderators,contributors and members of this wonderful group who have enlightened me throughout the years....oh boy, was I ever green when I joined!

                  Thanks,
                  Dennis

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" wrote:

                  > Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
                  > CK
                  >
                  > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
                  > >
                  > > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
                  > >
                  > > Debbie
                  > >

                  > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Folks,
                  > > >
                  > > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
                  > > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.� We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
                  > > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.� We choose
                  > > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
                  > > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
                  > > >
                  > > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
                  > > >
                  > > > This
                  > > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
                  > > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
                  > > > vanished.
                  > > >
                  > > > Ron Matviyak
                  > > > Joe Quashnock
                  > > > Moderators

                • Patricia Nazzaro
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013

                  • lkocik@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                      Steve

                       I thought your using the word "glory" was clever;....

                      Slav meaning glorious.

                      So.....spam could also mean...Slavic Pursuit of Additional Moderator.