RE: New Moderator was [S-R] Additional Moderator for Slovak-Roots

  • Otruba, Stephen A
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
      Welcome to those ready to face the glory and the spam! :-)

      From: Dr. Joe Q. <doctor_jq@...>
      Subject: [S-R] Additional Moderator for Slovak-Roots
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, December 8, 2012, 11:33 AM

      Bill did a marvelous job in keeping this site going after we lost contact with Maura Petzolt (her absence has also been felt on the SHAMROCK list she started on Rootsweb).

      Ron and I have taken a more active roll over the past year. Now Bill has moved on to other interests and is no longer a moderator for this list.

      We are looking for one more person to step up and assist us in moderating this site.

      Please privately e-mail Ron or me if you are interested.

      Thank you.

      Dr. "Q"

    • Frank R Plichta
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
        Stephen,

        I don't understand what you are suggesting.

        Do you expect the spam to increase now that we have a new Moderator?

        I don't understand that.

        Frank

        _____

        From: Dr. Joe Q. doctor_jq@... <mailto:doctor_jq%40yahoo.com> >
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Saturday, December 8, 2012, 11:33 AM

        Bill did a marvelous job in keeping this site going after we lost contact
        with Maura Petzolt (her absence has also been felt on the SHAMROCK list she
        started on Rootsweb).

        Ron and I have taken a more active roll over the past year. Now Bill has
        moved on to other interests and is no longer a moderator for this list.

        We are looking for one more person to step up and assist us in moderating
        this site.

        Please privately e-mail Ron or me if you are interested.

        Thank you.

        Dr. "Q"

        <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.comYahoo> ! Groups Links

      • deeellessbee
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
          Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.

          Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.

          Debbie

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:

          > Folks,
          >
          > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
          > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.  We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
          > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.  We choose
          > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
          > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
          >
          > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
          >
          > This
          > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
          > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
          > vanished.
          >
          > Ron Matviyak
          > Joe Quashnock
          > Moderators

        • Nick
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
            >Great job moderators. Only thing that concerns me is posted links
            >with no explanation of what they are about. My view is they are
            >potentially dangerous and i just delete them.

            Regards
            Nick
          • Carl
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
              Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
              CK

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:

              > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
              >
              > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
              >
              > Debbie
              >

              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
              > >
              > > Folks,
              > >
              > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
              > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.  We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
              > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.  We choose
              > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
              > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
              > >
              > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
              > >
              > > This
              > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
              > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
              > > vanished.
              > >
              > > Ron Matviyak
              > > Joe Quashnock
              > > Moderators

            • Julie & Kevin
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                I delete them as well. It looks like spam >>>

                >Great job moderators. Only thing that concerns me is posted links
                >with no explanation of what they are about. My view is they are
                >potentially dangerous and i just delete them.

                Regards
                Nick

              • Nancy Gibbs
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                  Welcome Carl.  This group has been a great help to my research.  The moderators do a great job.

                • Steve Otruba
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                    I guess it was a lost attempt at a joke since part of the description in
                    the email was "...join us and is moderating activity and
                    spam along with Ron and I"

                    SteveO

                  • patskanovo
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                      Belated welcome Carl!

                      I would also like to thank the moderators,contributors and members of this wonderful group who have enlightened me throughout the years....oh boy, was I ever green when I joined!

                      Thanks,
                      Dennis

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" wrote:

                      > Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
                      > CK
                      >
                      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
                      > >
                      > > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
                      > >
                      > > Debbie
                      > >

                      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Folks,
                      > > >
                      > > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
                      > > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.� We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
                      > > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.� We choose
                      > > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
                      > > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
                      > > >
                      > > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
                      > > >
                      > > > This
                      > > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
                      > > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
                      > > > vanished.
                      > > >
                      > > > Ron Matviyak
                      > > > Joe Quashnock
                      > > > Moderators

                    • Patricia Nazzaro
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013

                      • lkocik@comcast.net
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                          Steve

                           I thought your using the word "glory" was clever;....

                          Slav meaning glorious.

                          So.....spam could also mean...Slavic Pursuit of Additional Moderator.