[S-R] Re: Missing Online 1869 Census Records have restrictions

  • John
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
      >>> None of the 1869 census records that are in the Presov archive covering the Zemplin territory villages have been approved for online status. <<<

      That's not quite correct. SOME of the ZEMPLEN Megye films are available online. Because my particular interest is Dubravka, which is not online, I used it as an example in my query to LDS.

      I have not surveyed the online films to determine what proportion is currently online. Nor have I checked other counties for completeness of online listings.
    • htcstech
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
        John,
        That's what I thought too, that there are already Zemplen records online
        and Dubravka missed out for some reason.
        Maybe an email to the Presov archive requesting them to allow the LDS to
        put it online might be a strategy. The LDS and Curt have suggested that the
        archive custodians have restricted access. I think it is your right to ask
        why.
        I'm waiting for Pozsony megye to come online, although I would want the
        whole of the pre-Trianon territories in a perfect world, fully and
        accurately indexed :) I haven't yet started on my mother's side and they
        stretch from Romania to the Ukraine. Maybe in another lifetime.

        Peter M.

        On 4 January 2013 23:55, John <johnqadam@...> wrote:

        > **

        > covering the Zemplin territory villages have been approved for online
        > status. <<<
        >
        > That's not quite correct. SOME of the ZEMPLEN Megye films are available
        > online. Because my particular interest is Dubravka, which is not online, I
        > used it as an example in my query to LDS.
        >
        > I have not surveyed the online films to determine what proportion is
        > currently online. Nor have I checked other counties for completeness of
        > online listings.

      • htcstech
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 13, 2013
          To John,

          I came across this:

          Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén Megyei Levéltár, Sátoraljaújhelyi Fióklevéltár
          [Archive of
          county Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén in Sátoraljaújhely, HU]
          www.bazleveltar.hu
          3980 Sátoraljaújhely, Kossuth tér 5. Tel/fax: +36 47 521-087
          E-mail: sauhely@...
          XV./82. Zemplén vármegyei 1857. évi népszámlálási iratok gyűjteménye
          [Collection of
          population census from 1857 in county Zemplén]
          17 villages from county Zemplén, at present 16 in Slovakia, 1 in Hungary

          You can try to email them if the dates are still valid and ask what
          resources they have about your town.

          http://www.bazleveltar.hu/page.php?16

          Peter M.